Jump to content


Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation since 12/23/2018 in all areas

  1. On a 71 240 Z I have, the piece that holds the sun visors in place that mounts beneath the rear view mirror, broke on the drivers side. It was pretty annoying having the visor flop around, and I finally took the visor off until I could locate a replacement part. Searched all over the place for another, no luck. Finally saw one on Etsy from a person who has a 3D printer named PlasticWiz, figured I'd give it a try. Removed my old one, which basically disintegrated while trying to pop it loose from the vinyl covered roof frame. Sanded the new ABS piece a bit and painted black. I suppose the "print lines" could be removed completely with a lot of work, but for this car I just wanted a functional piece. Here it is mounted ready to pop in the rear view mirror. I've never used a 3D printed part on any of my cars, but I must say this really did the trick for a difficult part to find. Anyway, just thought I'd post this since I couldn't find any recent help on this part. I may order another for my other Z just in case...
  2. zKars

    Sun Visor Clip - Rear View Mirror Base

    Yes, they are hard to find, I'm down to seven or eight...
  3. Maybe another? https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/pasadena-1977-datsun-280z/6773909122.html
  4. rcb280z

    Worth looking at? #2

    Yes it is.
  5. siteunseen

    Worth looking at? #2

    Youse too?
  6. For anyone who has looked at or bought the Recaro LX seats from ebay seller michikogoodproduct, this information about removing the headrests could come in handy: https://passionford.com/forum/ford-escort-rs-turbo/237664-remove-headrest-from-recaro-seats.html My order took the slow boat from Thailand to save shipping costs -- about 2 1/2 months -- but they arrived today and my first impression is very good. These are used Recaros that have been re-covered. Love the factory retro look -- the material and workmanship seem good quality. Still need the Wedge brackets to complete the install, but I'm freshly motivated! https://www.ebay.com/sch/michikogoodproduct/m.html?item=162904595739&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562 https://www.mckrecaroseatscars.com/
  7. SpeedRoo

    Sport Mirror base Gaskets

    Got a set of original Datsun competition/race mirrors for my '73 240Z comp resto. They didn't come with the mounting gaskets which no longer seem to be available. Searched around on the net for some but no luck, seems there were some on EBay a year ago. I think the mirrors were also used on the 280Z Black Pearl and Zap models, as well as being an option for the 240Z and 260Z. Not to worry, drew some up in Solidworks and then 3D printed them in PLA. They fit a treat and look original. Nice little result for a few hours work. Happy to make some more for anyone that needs them, just drop me a message.
  8. Jaymanbikes

    Restoration of my 72 240Z

    One more pic from a month or so ago, out getting some sun. 🙂
  9. Jaymanbikes

    Restoration of my 72 240Z

    Work has slowed down and since I dont have the cash for a respray I’m doing some of the work myself. Will have it resprayed completely some day. The car was resprayed at some point and the color is not factory. I had a match done but it’s not going to be spot on. The under side of the hood was pretty ratty so I started there. I also water sanded the top side of the hood and it’s looking much better. Also got a few more parts to complete the engine compartment.
  10. Patcon

    73 240Z coming out of coma

    Me too! I have a baby blue 56' that is next on the list. My dad bought it new in Germany in 56. I learned to drive in it...
  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Gallery Statistics

    • Images
    • Comments
    • Albums

    Latest Image
    By NissanMaster,
  • Blog Statistics

    • Total Blogs
    • Total Entries
  • Download Statistics

    • Files
    • Comments
    • Reviews

  • Vehicles Statistics

    • Total Vehicles
    • Submitters
    • Total Images
    • Comments
    • Total Views

    Latest Vehicle
    Sean O'Bryan By youztheclue

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.