IGNORED

[2018] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

6 minutes ago, scotta said:

Designed and I’m in the process of printing  some wheel caps. Laser cut the logos in acrylic. Caps printed in TEPG filament. 

15DDFB7B-ED17-46E5-BDD0-475ED4912B5A.jpeg

2C645DF5-2DE5-4243-9B32-D9C50B5FAD2A.jpeg

image.jpg

Have you thought about doing some that would fit Konig Rewinds? That might be popular.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This past Tuesday, with friends - went thru an extensive and well organized collection of used parts that had been pulled from S30's, S130's, and Z31's.  Purchased a lot of S30 stuff to eventually organize, checkout, and offer for sale to our community.  Some very interesting treasures were in there.  Impossible to estimate how many cars had been stripped to build this collection that was stored in a shipping container.  That's my Xterra with the back seat down and the storage area filled to the roof.  Yes - that's a pair of E31 heads.

SAM_2261.JPG

SAM_2262.JPG

100_3201.JPG

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

A guy with a youtube channel about cars contacted me awhile ago about shooting my car for an episode. Got the result a couple of days ago.

He has added subtitles in english but he misses a couple of things in translation so don’t take it to serious, i have told him so hopefully he will correct them.

Edited by moelk
  • Like 4

Wow, been so long since I posted, just been swamped with daddy duty.  ?

But 5 speed is in and is the bees knees man!  I love being able to cruise on the freeway at 70 and not be at 4300 RPM.  Z car has been running strong since 2017 ZCON and not batted an eye for any kind of Issues.  Very proud of her. My roadster was selected to be in a rare cars of Houston display at the Houston Auto Show in January. I have been busy detailing her.   

Which leads me to my question.  I am trying to get off that black RTV like adhesive you use to secure rubber trim.  It is really thick around the entire windscreen and I need to get it all off. It is sitting on paint, so I cannot use brass brushes or the like unless I want to commit to repainting the windscreen. Which I really would rather avoid.   How do you get old RTV/adhesive off paint without chemicals that would destroy the paint.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2018 at 2:26 PM, moelk said:

A guy with a youtube channel about cars contacted me awhile ago about shooting my car for an episode. Got the result a couple of days ago.

He has added subtitles in english but he misses a couple of things in translation so don’t take it to serious, i have told him so hopefully he will correct them.

I Find it amazing at how closely we built our cars!  From the STI diff to the L28, to the 5 speed... WOW. Just need to get me some headlight covers! ?

• Like 1