IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

As I understand it, there are many viruses, including other Coronas, that are far more deadly than Covid 19 but they didn't and don't spread easily. What scared everyone about this one was the discovery of it's communicability. They realized the medical services currently available wouldn't be able to cope with the spike in C19 victims in a short time span.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/public-health/2020/03/24/texas-lt-gov-dan-patrick-spurns-shelter-in-place-urges-return-to-work-says-grandparents-should-sacrifice/

Sadly, this commentary comes from my own state, blatant hypocrisy from an avowed pro-lifer.  Clearly its time for the old folks to begin heading to the lime pits.  This will greatly assist the current administration's goals of eliminating Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security so that the money can be redirected to corporate and financial bailouts..

• Like 2

The way this is playing out is still fascinating, when you consider the very wide picture.  No offense to the those who are religious but you could make a case that some people consider the COVID-19 as the second coming.  Taking the worthy to paradise.  Trump chose Easter for a reason, he says.

Makes you wonder.

4 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

The way this is playing out is still fascinating, when you consider the very wide picture.  No offense to the those who are religious but you could make a case that some people consider the COVID-19 as the second coming.  Taking the worthy to paradise.  Trump chose Easter for a reason, he says.

Makes you wonder.

He's out on the WH lawn looking for 4 leaf clovers to feed the easter bunny. LOL

interesting I watched the Dan P interview, seems he was advocating old people be more guarded since they are at the greatest risk, while allowing younger people get back to working while they still can without resorting to a complete collapse of the economy (and the risk of them requiring critical care is very low). Guess my thought experiment is getting out there(had this idea awhile ago when the stats of who was at high risk were being reported), I did not bother to post it at the time since I figured it would be viewed thru a political red/blue lens and be attacked (as soon as it got mentioned by the news). I don't see that as this seems like a level headed group.

Forgive me if this is in some way chilly powder added to the current discourse - can we truly blame China for this?

With all the best will in the world and all the containment, it would have gotten out one way or another. Infected people had no symptoms for 14 days. At the beginning of it all it would probably have been self diagnosed as a bad flu - “take some meds and carry on” would have been my mentality. Sure they tried to conceal it at first but even before that, flights would have carried the virus around the world well before any formal recognition of it. Unless it can be proven that China “manufactured” this virus (which of course is one theory) how can we blame China?

The 2008 financial crisis was started by greedy American bankers but it became a world issue. Can we really blame America? Everyone got the greedy bug all over the world. Did the US ever formally apologise for starting it all off? Would it have been fair to ask for that, given it would have gotten off around the world by itself anyway?

Patient zero for HIV is considered to have been in Africa. But can we blame Africa for it’s origin or spread?

It’s just not that simple - unless of course it was biological weapons gone wrong and it can be proven.

What I find most surprising is that beyond blame, beyond partisan politics, beyond opportunities for profiteering, beyond borders - governments / big pharma haven’t been able to come together and pool resources for the greater good of humanity. How easy has it been to have strong coalitions for wars or find funding for them at the drop of a hat? Why is it so hard for governments to come together and jointly fund the research, offer up their greatest minds, encourage big pharma to work together for the benefit of humanity? If someone finds a vaccine, can we see them offering it up to all for free (or a nominal price) for the good of mankind or would they patent it, sit in a Dr Evil style lair and hold a gun the world’s head for one Billion, Gazillion dollars?

As harsh as this is, it’s a wake up call for humanity and our way of life that needs serious naval gazing. Wealth before health, profits before environment, accelerating extremes of wealth and poverty. How nice has the air been of late? Do we really need this ever advancing level of consumption? Is the current system so perfect that it must be saved, or does it need to evolve?

Sorry for the rant. Feeling a little philosophical this evening after day two of home schooling. Sitting here wondering about their future and the world they are growing up in. Thankfully both students are still breathing, although “Mr AK” the teacher did a lot of deep breathing all day!! ;)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AK260 said:

Forgive me if this is in some way chilly powder added to the current discourse - can we truly blame China for this?

They were telling the WHO there was no person-to-person transmission into mid Jan but they were tracking this since early Dec.... The Govt in China  are evil  ****ers!!!!! OPEN YOUR EYES!!!  THEIR ECONOMY IS BASED ON SLAVERY  AND GANGSTERS.

THIS $^!# PROBABLY CAME FROM EXPERIMENTS IN A WUHAN LAB.... THEY WILL NEVER ADMIT NOR ALLOW INVESTIGATION SO IT CAN NOT BE PROVED OR DISPROVED DUE TO THEIR SECRECY AND PRACTICE OF LYING.  WE WILL FIND OUT SOONER OR LATER IF THAT IS THE SOURCE.

FACT: THEY DID STEAL VIRUS FROM A P4 LAB IN CANADA AND SENT TO THE WUHAN P4 LAB A YEAR AGO. THIS CLEARLY SHOWS THEY ARE DOING THINGS BELOW BOARD!!! THEY ARE NOT INNOCENT AND SHOULD NOT BE TRUSTED. THEY ARE EVIL!!!!

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 5:24 AM, AK260 said:

Ps. Forget the Zombie apocalyptic views of empty super markets and the hospital videos - just wait until broadband services / WiFi / 4G go down!!!!!! People will really turn at that point!

And coffee.  Or tea.  Think of the social impact of no caffeine.

• Like 1