IGNORED

Why this forum is unique

Av8ferg

Just now, Zed Head said:

Here's what's really going on here.  You saw yourself in the comment about Tony D.  And you felt the need to defend yourself.  This isn't about anything but your own self-image.  And, even though the main discussion was about trolling, you ended up doing exactly what trolls do.  You wanted a response.  You fit all of the characteristics of an internet troll.  

Just say it - "I am a troll", and learn to live with it.  Stop with the arguments about your noble purpose.  You enjoy riling people up.  It's just a facet of your personality.  It's who you are.

Give your head a wobble you utter spoon.

13 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Here's what's really going on here.

A piece of advice for you. Straight ball. No spin:

In this ether, coming across people you simply don't like is inevitable. Painting such people as 'Trolls' just because you don't like the cut of their jib is (and for heaven's sake don't take this as being - heaven forfend - "inflammatory".... ) unwise.

Unwise. Get it?

I always liked TonyD.  He was the first to help me when I first got a Z and signed up on ZCar.com. Funny I first thought of him as being Japanese because of his knowledge about these cars.   I tried to visit with him when working in the Philippines but local transport was a bit too challenging.

Thank you Mike, and thanks for this site. It is unique and the total knowledge is extremely helpful to us all. Some here are more "expert" than others. I go for the information and try ignore the editorializing. I have learned more about my car than I ever thought possible.

Cheers, Mike

• Like 3

Just a thought as to why the Viper people were so off-putting. I've noticed different cars attract different sorts of people - stereotypes essentially. Think of the Civic owner clichés as an example. One of my buddies was always enamored by hearses and when he got one, he met some other hearse owners and all of them were just as delightfully eccentric as he. I don't know how to describe the Z-car scene, but, yes, most everybody does seem to be welcoming, helpful and all around nice (for lack of a better word). Maybe that's just the sort of people who are attracted to the Z, for some reason or another. And if I had to wager a guess, I'd imagine Viper people may tend to be a bit more... aggressive, to put it nicely. That's not to say "Viper owner = a-hole", only that there's a trend in the statistics. 

Whatever the rhyme of reason may be, Z people are my kind of people ❤️

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

So everyone knows.....I didn’t buy this Viper it was given to me by my father who was quite an amazing man. He came from humble, lower income family beginnings. Was a 2x Vietnam vet who flew helicopters in the war. He came home with pretty severe PTSD and was so emotionally damaged and saddened by his experience that he decided to become a doctor. He packed up the family and moved us to Italy in 1973 and got his MD in Rome taught in Italian (which he learned while there). We moved back to the states and he became an ER doctor, opened several clinics and gave Free medical services to all Vets, Police and Firefighters and well as people who could not afford medical services. He traveled to Honduras every few years to give free medical care to the poor there. He loved fast cars and when he bought this Viper new it was the ultimate American sports car. He helped more people than anyone I know. He passed away sitting on the living room watching the Scfi channel of was we think was a stroke in 2018. This car is special to me because it is one of the few things I have of his. He put all 38,800 miles on it and to sit in it and drive and the closest I can be to being with him. It holds tremendous sentimental value to me. He surely wasn’t the pretentious man that people may think of those who own cars like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing that with us. He sounds like a remarkable man. 

Take good care of that inheritance. I'm sure he would want you to drive it like a Viper deserves to be driven.

• Like 4