IGNORED

Long time 240 owner, forum newbie wondering about a triple carb setup.

Stike

Hi

I have a 71 240 that I have owned since 1989. When I got it there was a pair of DGV's installed that never worked very well. About ten years ago when I had the cylinder head rebuilt I had a pair of Z Therapy SU's installed and they have been perfectly fine.

However....

I still lust for a set of 3 sidedrafts.LOL

Is there an argument to be made for Weber vs Mikuni or the other way around?

Size recommendations? The engine is a stock L24 block and the cam is the stage 1 performance cam from MSA.

I have triple Webers on my car and by that measure I am partial to Weber as opposed to Mikuni.  Having said that I know numerous Z owners with Mikunis who are quite happy with them.  In my opinion however, the Webers along with repair parts and jetting options are much more readily available than the Mikunis, which tilts the balance in favor of Webers.  Just my 2 cents.

Hope that helps.

Mike.

DSC_2394_1.JPGDSC_2395_1.JPG

• Like 1

Functional differences are small between them. Most street users will never know the difference. 

As Mike W says, the real difference is availability and parts access. Webers win hands down.  Mikuni prices are going a bit crazy too. Like stroker cranks and S1 console fuse box covers, they are better investments than any stock I've seen lately

Comparing my Mikunis to my friends Webers I noticed that some adjustments were easier for me. My 40's allow for a external adjustment of the float . Very accurate too. I believe acceleration pumps are also more accessible on the Mikunis- but can't say for sure of all Weber models .
I think Mikunis are more desirable but also more $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• 4 months later...

There you have it.. Webers for accessibility and ease of finding parts.  I highly recommend them.  They are a simple design that has many decades of experience available to you on this board to help out.  Weber junkies like to help each other. Soon you will be talking emulsion tubes and idle jets and air correctors like a pro

Hey Fellows

It has been a while since a I dropped in here.It's good to see all the old gas heads still around. I guess when you own one of these rare beasts you never really leave.Project #6333 is still being metal worked but hoping to start it by the end of the year. Why don't I see much about OER carbs (AKA SK Racing) though. I have a set of 47mm's in the closet  I can't wait to I stall bought from Pierce Manifolds about 10 years ago. Beginning to wonder why very few have experience with them. Grannyknot made mention above. Also I can't seem to find a suitable fuel block or rail that would bring it all together. OK it's time for suggestions. Any help or install and tuning advice would be greatly appreciated. YOU GUYS HAVE SOME KICK arse CARS!