Patcon's Content - Page 132 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Patcon

Supporting Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Patcon

  1. I think it will patina in with use and time
  2. You really need flare nut wrenches to get those loose. A penetrant oil and some heat. I wouldn't hack anything if I could avoid it
  3. #4 look to be the metal pieces that go over the rubber pockets at the hatch hinges #8 look to be generic hinge shims #17 looks to be a master cylinder reservoir cap #1,2,3 & 5 look to be dash brackets #9(edit) looks to be brake booster vacuum line #10 might be glove box light switch
  4. or just check it with a mechanical gauge. I don't trust any of the senders
  5. Pretty, but it will need some kind of protective coating to last. Yellow zinc or something...
  6. Not truly fair, apples to oranges. Now if you compare a Z4 coupe then the answer is probably yes. Plus you dont need to adjust the jets at the continental divide, pull the choke or huff exhaust fumes. But I still like my 240s
  7. Too funny! And he remembered through the haze... 😉
  8. yeah, if it's too hot the paint won't lay out smooth
  9. The cylinder head has always been the primary bottleneck for power. It is nice its available
  10. Cool head! I always wanted a twin cam engine http://www.datsunworks.com/Blog/pricing-for-the-kn20-dohc-head/ $14+ is probably more than I'll ever be willing to spend
  11. Is there a member close to Whitehead who can go by for you?
  12. I know of no way to get the chain tensioner back in then by removing the front cover
  13. Yes, block off the AC lines!
  14. I know it was discussed but I'm not sure we ever got good enough feedback to rule it all out. If it were mine I would see if the former 240z racing mechanic had a good dizzy cap and wire setup and swap it all out as a test. Also check #4 plug for a helicoil. Maybe there is too much resistance right at the head It is CaDatsun after all
  15. I doubt you can get on it with an impact. The plug are square. Either square head or square recess. I believe the fill aught to be square head and the drain plug square recess if they're in the proper location. A 1/2" breaker bar aught to fit the square recess well enough. The fill plug is normally the problem
  16. My only problem with the oil blow by theory is that it looks like carbon. I am not truly convinced that we have eliminated ignition as a culprit Boroscope might help...
  17. Patcon replied to SteveJ's topic in Open Discussions
    I totally agree. Right now my limit is about 50 miles. All I can stand! I hope I'm well by next Zcon...
  18. Patcon replied to SteveJ's topic in Open Discussions
    It's just around the corner...😉
  19. 10k is alot for that car. It's got rusty dog legs and probably rockers too. Battery tray... Is it a good buy at 5k???
  20. I would go to a local automotive paint supply and see if you can get a 2k zinc rich primer in a spray can. Shake, activate, shake and spray. No gun to clean up...
  21. Patcon replied to SteveJ's topic in Open Discussions
    Really, Chateau Elan wasn't interested? Fascinating...
  22. It looks like his tabs are on upside down. When he bends them up the nuts will be on the front facing side of the tab. Not on the rear side like the examples
  23. I wouldn't think so. I dont see any way for the timing to change even with the slop. PS there is a 123 dizzy currently in the classifieds
  24. $$$$$$

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.