IGNORED

The blue 510

grannyknot

It's going to be a while before I can really get going on this one but I can work on all the stuff in the boxes in between other stuff.

She arrived this morning just after a big dump of snow, my plow guy was late so had to shovel a path to the storage tent. the last pic is showing how low some PO cut the springs, the fender lip is digging into the tire and the car is stripped of all weight.

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

It's going to be a while before I can really get going on this one but I can work on all the stuff in the boxes in between other stuff.

She arrived this morning just after a big dump of snow, my plow guy was late so had to shovel a path to the storage tent. the last pic is showing how low some PO cut the springs, the fender lip is digging into the tire and the car is stripped of all weight.

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

Looking at these pics it makes me so glad I don’t live in Canada (nothing to do with the enthusiasts).  Cool car, something about the 510, but your driving season is so short. Makes me shiver just looking at that unheated garage. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Diseazd said:

Looking at these pics it makes me so glad I don’t live in Canada (nothing to do with the enthusiasts).  Cool car, something about the 510, but your driving season is so short. Makes me shiver just looking at that unheated garage. 

But the short driving season means more time to work on them, B) I don't work out there in the winter, that's strictly storage.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, heyitsrama said:

how does the roof not fall from the snow weight?

I use to worry about when I first put it up and I'd be out there after every snow fall clearing it but one winter I was layed up with an injury and there was over a foot of hard heavy snow on that tent and it was just fine.  The fabric is 20 mils thick and is stretched with 10-12 built in cargo straps and ratchets so the skin is a stressed member over the frame. It wasn't cheap but it's 10 yrs old now and going strong.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I headed out to the storage tent today to remove the rear end of the 510 and start tearing down. Found something I hadn't noticed when I bought it.  So what could be the story here?  He's driving the car and losses his P/S rear wheel so he pulls over and throws the wheel into the trunk and instead of calling a tow truck figures he'll just drive it home.  How many miles does it take to wear a wheel cylinder in half?:wacko:

Well, I know why the car was taken off the road now?

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_0774.JPG

Edited by grannyknot
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Namerow said:

After 12 or 13 beers with the boys at the local and then a couple of shots for the road, it probably seemed like the right thing to do. ^_^

You might be right, the last time the car was on the road was the early 80's,  drinking and driving wasn't so taboo then.

@zKars, I'll be needing parts:beer: