IGNORED

[2022] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Happy New Year Guy!  You have been pretty quiet for several years now. I haven't read any posts from you telling us you started a new 240Z restoration. I know you told us that you were done, but none of us believed you then or now. So come on, what do you have cooking? 🤣

• Haha 1

Hi Jeff…..Happy New Year to you too! No more garage space…..so no new cars. I always enjoy motor work, but all five cars have L28’s modified to the max including 2 strokers! I’m kind of shocked that your garage space is so limited in AZ. I was hoping I could watch you build something new 🥳.Hope you are settled in, doing well and ready for 2022!

Best Regards

G

6 hours ago, Diseazd said:

Congrats to @Mike on another year of a big bunch of Z Crazies still posting on this site. Another year of @siteunseen with a new computer.....kind of like giving a loaded .357 to a two year old, @Patcon with 2 projects that may never end......EVER, and @Jeff G 78 adjusting to the Arizona climate, and posting pics of a race car that needs to be eating oats with Secretariat!@Zed Headwill answer all of your questions and 85% will be correct. If you want to solve any electrical problems, the only person to contact is @SteveJhands down. @Captain Obviouswill still swear that flat tops are great......3000 1973 Z owners that switched are wrong lol. @HS30-Hwill poke at you till you finally admit that he is probably the most knowledgeable member ever! @Zupwill once again be the nicest member and @motorman7will continue to rub your nose in a before and after pic of every part of the Z anatomy until you feel like a total failure lol! @EuroDat, @grannyknot,will show up from time to time with some decent stuff and the rest is history. Sorry for all I missed......you all are awesome and Happy New Year to “What did you do to your Z today 2022!”

Guy

And believe it or not, I was at a friend's house today, helping him with the turn signals/hazards on his 260Z. It was an interesting problem, too. The left side lights weren't working for the turn signals or hazards. There was an issue with the physical connection at the steering column and another at the connector just downstream from the hazard switch connector. It was a nice way to start off the new year.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend I started refurbishing the driver's seat of my 280Z. Did the passenger seat last week (leather covers and new foam from Interior Innovations). Aside from a small crack in the seat back sheet metal (which I tried to reinforce with fiberglass), the passenger seat was fairly straightforward - cleaning everything up from previous owner's work took more time than actually fitting the foam and covers. 

The driver's seat is a bit more challenging because one of the metal rods on seat bottom that the hog rings attach to was cut off. I've made a new one and a friend of a friend will weld it on this coming weekend. 

SeatsNewOld.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Georgia Z Club meeting tonight. There was a good showing of cars. Here are most of them. The two black/gold AEs were both purchased relatively recently. There was another couple of S30s that showed up later, and a couple later models parked on the other side of lot, so I couldn't squeeze them in.

When I came out to take this photo, a gentleman named Tom came over from the gas station because he saw the Z cars. He owned a 71 in high school and college. I told him to look up our club on Facebook. Maybe he'll visit.

20220413_191044.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/13/2022 at 10:50 PM, SteveJ said:

When I came out to take this photo, a gentleman named Tom came over from the gas station because he saw the Z cars. He owned a 71 in high school and college.

20220413_191044.jpg

I am repeatedly amazed how many people will share a personal story with me about their experience with a Z.  Either they had one or a friend did.  And the stories are pretty similar - fast, fun, and way cool.

• Agree 1