IGNORED

L28 from 82 ZX teardown

Av8ferg

We actually have the correct engine block color. Years ago we took an unmolested part to one of our paint suppliers and had them match color and save the formula. I have the paint in single stage for brush-on (or HVLP) and they also make spray cans. We've painted blocks both ways and I find it easiest to brush-on the block and spray parts like pulleys, brackets, and idler parts. IDK if I'm ready to sell and ship block paint, but not painting a block in stock Datsun Blue is one of my OCD triggers...

Went to see how my head looked at the Machine Shop while dropping off the valve stem seals.
Looks pretty good, all valve seats were redone and the one bad one replaced. Looks like he took another .009 off the head to get the surface to a place he thought was good. There is still some minor corrosion pits left but he thinks it will not be a problem and recommended this copper gasket spray to put on the gasket if I wanted better assurance of a perfect seal.
Right now the head measures 4.241”. Stock I believe is 4.255”

Here are the pics

2f3efbcc5af32f516af357ed7f2a3406.jpgbb0afa2f4cea9eab7945b71bef65c234.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been researching the idea of Filling these holes. JB Weld, Devon Aluminum Epoxy and another product called Alvin Hi-Temp. They’re all similar product. I think I’ll try the JB Weld. I don’t think it would be a problem even if I left it alone because they are so minor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1