IGNORED

My New Diff Mount and Strap Project

21 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I've heard them called all sorts of things here including Allen screw,

I prefer the Allen-bolt.

21 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I'd rather call it an inbusbout.  LOL  I like it.

Let's make it:  an inbusbolt!  :beer:

More on the subject,  My feb 1971 240z car does not have the strap, also the mounts are not there..  I ask myself don't they have one ( the early cars?)  Is it why my car shakes so much when going over 200kph?  (Last summer on the german highway, around 210 on the clock… totally Original engine!  ? )  Got the feeling.. any moment it's going to take of!!  ROFL

18 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

That is why they developed the G-nose.

I like the long G-nose.. but the front is already very long.. 

20 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

You are a brave driver!

Haha.. yeah..  few summers ago i was on the german highway with Bart from Bartscooterservice  @bartsscooterservice  driving my red 240z and a audi came aside, the man behind the wheel looked like: what the hell is this??  We where going 160-170-180-190 kph and the eyes became bigger and bigger from the audi driver.. at 205 it stopped.. then he took his car in front of mine and 215 was the max we drove!!  Haha.. ask Bart, he was even more shaking then my car i believe hihihi…. just kidding Bart! ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 240260280 said:

If your car is stock, you will need to add an air dam on front to control lift at high speeds.  That is why they developed the G-nose.

Absolutely. I got the MSA Type 1 Style air dam and even at high speeds (did 140mph / 240km/h GPS speed) I have a very stable feeling car. German autobahn ?

Both my diff strap as well as the lower diff mount need to be replaced. So I don't think the car gets shaky due to worn diff mounts. 

Edited by german240
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

@bartsscooterservice Haha.. ask Bart, he was even more shaking then my car i believe hihihi…. just kidding Bart! ?

Great stories guys...one more warning.... don't put a spoiler on the back or it will amplify your light front end problem!!!  Probably end up doing 210kph on back two wheels!

Bart will get sick ?

image.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Great stories guys...one more warning.... don't put a spoiler on the back or it will amplify your light front end problem!!!  Probably end up doing 210kph on back two wheels!

Bart will get sick ?

image.png

That's why we don't need 6,7 or 800 HP in a Z!

• Haha 1