IGNORED

Don't buy this from Z Car Depot

SteveJ

So if you are ever thinking about buying the hose that Z Car Depot (@zcardepot.com) lists as being an alternative to the float bowl hose, don't! (https://zcardepot.com/products/carburetor-su-float-bowl-fuel-line-hose-240z?_pos=2&_sid=6edb73ed7&_ss=r)

I used some of that hose on someone's car, and I couldn't figure out why the car wouldn't take load. I went to check the float levels, and this is what I saw when I pulled off the air cleaner.

Kinky Hoses.jpg

Those hoses aren't going to flow much under load. And I did cut them to the same length as OEM hoses.

I’ve seen kinks and I’ve seen hoses that are so stiff they impede choke motion. OEM stuff is amazing, the 40 year since last started last Z I’ve been playing with, still had soft hoses

I’ve been using the silicon tubing that RC hobby stores sell for the nitrous fuel they use in RC car and airplane engines. Comes in different colors too! Pink is nice. No doubt Z Therapy has some input on this 

Wait I’m Canadian, COLOURS. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I bought a few feet of the same stuff from Z Car Depot a few weeks ago.  The rear one seems to have a little bit of collapsing going on, less on the front. I thought I'd try cutting a piece a little longer to fix, maybe not.  Choke seems to retract fine.   Is there an "official" length to use?  Heard a rumor the hoses are still available from Nissan? IMG_6297.JPG

I dealt with this years ago . Talk about a bitch to figure out why the motor ran bad when it got hot . The hose would collapse under the heat and kink . I can’t remember where I bought it from , but I thought it actually cam from Z Therapy . 
Z car depot sells some stuff that ain’t worth a damn like their gas tank J bolts .

As well as flexibility, it’s important to ensure you have ethanol proof hoses, especially given that they are sitting nicely over the hot manifold!! [emoji33]

I think ordinary silicone is porous and not fuel / oil resistant. Happy to be corrected.

11 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

My local dealership got these overnight not too long ago. 

20201109_110528.jpg

This is good reference though a good point was just brought up.  If these are the same as what they were in the '70s they may not be good for today's fuels with higher ethanol content.  This may be worth researching.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

My local dealership got these overnight not too long ago. 

I ordered a set of those from Z Car Depot. As for what @texasz said, when I get my 73 back on the road, it will have almost exclusively ethanol free gas. I am luck to live near a recreational lake, and many gas stations around me have ethanol free in 87 and 90.