IGNORED

[2017] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

I replaced the fuel rail with braided lines, placing them closer to the carburetors and away from all of the heat of the engine. So far, I have not been able to replicate the heat soak problem I was having before. Maybe I finally slayed the dragon.

Braided Lines.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/7/2017 at 1:33 PM, moelk said:

Took the stripes off. Looks better now.

Before

IMG_8418.JPG

After

IMG_8925.JPG

Wish I could do that with the side protectors on my 73, but it's all original paint and I'd have to repaint......a real no no on an original Z.

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0296.JPG

6 hours ago, Diseazd said:

Wish I could do that with the side protectors on my 73, but it's all original paint and I'd have to repaint......a real no no on an original Z.

IMG_0235.JPG

Understand that. Your car looks amazing anyways.

21 hours ago, SteveJ said:

I replaced the fuel rail with braided lines, placing them closer to the carburetors and away from all of the heat of the engine. So far, I have not been able to replicate the heat soak problem I was having before. Maybe I finally slayed the dragon.

Braided Lines.jpg

Looking more like BRE workmanship to me :)

46 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

I'm hoping it looks a lot better after I receive and install the Aeroquip support clamps to hold the hose in place. A friend on Facebook did something similar with banjo fittings to the SUs. I asked him for more information on that.

2 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Okay. So this got rid of your percolation problem. I am experimenting this fuel percolation issue during traffic jams and long idle time. Where did you bought this hoses and fittings? What sizes and types. I need a list of the precise lenght and type of hoses and fittings.

Helped out a fellow forum member with a broken alternator adjuster. Taka has a beautiful Rebello built motor in his custom 260, but needed a temporary fix for a bad adjuster. A new one is on its way from 'murica.
Pulled one off my spare engine.
IMG_5455.JPG

Cleaned it up in the sandblaster then wire wheeled it and shot it in clearcoat. Can't have a sows ear in that silk purse!
IMG_5456.JPG

Now he can at least drive until the billet replacement shows up.

• Like 1

• Mike pinned and locked this topic