IGNORED

What is your most valuable 'made-it-myself' tool?

Namerow

What do they say about like-minds?

I also mounted a hand-cranked winch to my 4-poster lift. However, most of the time I run the winch with a battery powered drill with a 3/8" drive 3/4" socket chucked up. The drill works great until I have to "go over the hump".

Edited by crayZlair
added more for clarity
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, jonathanrussell said:

I don't know if this qualifies since I paid someone to produce it. It is a mustache bar bushing press tool. When used in a press, it folds the metal bushing sleeve tight at the original angle. 

MustacheBarBushingTool1 (Medium).jpg

You're the brains behind it so you for sure qualify. :beer:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonathanrussell said:

I don't know if this qualifies since I paid someone to produce it. It is a mustache bar bushing press tool. When used in a press, it folds the metal bushing sleeve tight at the original angle.

That is a great tool, back when you could get a hold of those bushings I had to cut the top lip into petals and fold them down in order to secure the bushing.

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Namerow said:

Are the Nissan OE bushings NLA?

Yes, they have been NLA for a couple of years now.

You would think a substitute could be found if a bushing mfg catalog could be looked over. We still use this kind of bushing in all kinds of modern applications.

I tried at one point but I don't have proper Hoover skills!

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

I have one NOS mustache bar bushing on the self and hoping to find another one of these days.

I wonder how hard it would be to make a 3D printed mold and then match the durometer for pouring replacement bushings?

4 hours ago, grannyknot said:

I have one NOS mustache bar bushing on the self and hoping to find another one of these days.

So you could take detailed measurements for looking for a source?

3 hours ago, Jeff G 78 said:

I wonder how hard it would be to make a 3D printed mold and then match the durometer for pouring replacement bushings?

I have thought of this too. the washers would be another reburb thing that would be really nice to have