IGNORED

[2021] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

I finally got out to Road Atlanta for the first time since the 2019 Mitty. It was good to be back at the track.

20210423_082635.jpg

The Z car count was down, probably due to Covid and the 100% chance of rain on Saturday. 

Greg Ira kicked @$$ today in his sprint race over some fast competition in his Dan Parkinson tribute car. Woody Staub, a friend of @Diseazd, went from 11th to 6th in the same race in the #85 car.

DSC01292.JPGDSC00642.JPG

Edited by SteveJ
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

What a beatiful sight to see a lonely Z, it's not out to pasture, it's resting waiting...

20210423_082635.thumb.jpg.457cb154a3f5b7f8e103b30dcabfa413.jpg

It had a couple of friends join it. My Mitty buddies who aren't racing don't get to the track at 8AM like this nutcase does.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Steve.....Your Z gets better looking every year. Hope you and Randy are getting number 46 back in shape. BTW the number 22 car of Woody’s is probably the best looking Z race car I’ve ever seen....not so much his 85 car LOL.

2734E373-F1E5-455E-891A-649D263F4973.jpeg

6430FFC3-0E7F-4BA6-8CE6-34C049B22284.jpeg

B16ED41F-7356-4B84-B94B-3D1BCF34F93B.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks, Guy. The 46 is still out at the Z Car Garage, but the repaint is complete, and the hardware is getting installed. I think Randy is more focused on getting the LSR Z ready for Amelia.

Yes, the 22 is prettier than the 85, but Guy seemed to be doing a pretty good job of moving around the track in the 85. I'm sure it didn't hurt for Guy to get some laps in Greg's car during the enduro race on Sunday.

Well not a Z directly, I use the Dodge to pull the trailer the race Z goes in, and my race Z, the brown 72, the multi colored series 1 low number Z and the others looked on while I worked.

The Ram is 20 years old. Last year the tailpipe rusted off the muffler outlet. The muffler is nearly rusted through. Since the OEM 3” system is obsolete and NLA, I opted for a 4” stainless turbo to tailpipe with no muffler.

This is the first startup.

Mrs. Racer thinks it is too loud.

Yesterday I stopped at a garage sale and found an unused 30” stainless muffler for &20. Gonna install it and see if it makes her happy.

• Like 1

Yep.  That makes some noise.  I'm surprised I can actually hear the turbine over the exhaust.

The exhaust drone will really tire you out.  I remember the first time I took a trip of many hours in a car with air conditioning.  It was quiet, smooth, and QUIET.  Those hours seemed to have passed in minutes.

That said, that exhaust does sound real)y nice.

• Like 2

I think I found the stupid shimmy in the steering wheel after a LONG time looking for the source.

Stupid driver side nuts never sat flush. I think there was always play between the wheel and hub. I even had replacement studs in my parts bin. 

jeeeeeeeeeez

A72AC8A7-C829-449E-B866-C7A3F8FDEC64.jpeg

44DCC134-8F8F-474B-BF90-643B3894B7D0.jpeg

49E27570-05EB-4BA7-96AD-A3189187E5F6.jpeg

• Like 1

Well that all depends on the thickness of the mounting flange on the wheel itself as compared to the length of the lug nut shank.

You never want the lug nuts to bottom out against the rotor. All that matters is that there is still some thread left once the lug nut bottoms out against the wheel and pinches the wheel against the rotor.

• 3 weeks later...