IGNORED

[2021] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

The Kanga videos are great and have been very helpful for sure. I’ve studied quite a bit, I’m just being overly cautious with this being my first time. It’s actually progressing nicely and I can see how minimal adjustments could make a big difference in efficiency. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Wow. Not much posted here, yet.

I went to a monthly car meet today. Easter/Spring Break kept attendance down, but there were 4 S30s (including mine), a Z32, and a Z33. One of my S30 friends, Edmond, mentioned that his hazard light switch was broken, and he lost his turn signals. After the meet, we tried to visit another friend, when I realized that Edmond didn't have brake lights.

We then drove up to my house where I made a jumper to bypass the hazard switch in order for me to work on the hazard switch. The jumper fixed the turn signals, but the brake lights were still out. I took off the clam shell from the steering column to make sure there was voltage on the brake light circuit. I unplugged the connector, saw voltage, and plugged it back in. I checked for voltage at the switch body next. I noticed it was a little low with the brake pedal depressed, but it was higher when the turn signal was on (only one brake light lit). Edmond checked the brake lights with no turn signals on, and the brake lights were lit up. I guess it was the mechanical contact at the connector.

Anyway, after we were done, my wife stuffed our bellies with Easter dinner. I'm still feeling drowsy from that. She friggin' spoils me.

So here are some engine bay photos from the car meet to keep you interested.

DSC00247.JPG

DSC00238.JPG

DSC00240.JPG

DSC00239.JPG

• Like 2

Hope the weather was as gorgeous for you as we enjoyed here in VA.  It's great you got to go out and do something fun.

I spent the day tacking in a new floor pan on the passenger side (driver side next).  It's on a rotisserie and that makes it easier, but I'll swear I made 1,043 trips around that car making damn sure every tack location was perfect.  Wore me out.  I think if the car had been on its wheels, it would have killed me.

20210331_111627.jpg

20210404_113642.jpg

• Like 1

So the car meet I attended was started by people who used to go to Caffeine and Octane in the Atlanta area. They got tired of how big C&O became. There are so many new Mustangs and Challengers at C&O that it looks more like a dealer lot than a car meet/show.

In order to keep the meet smaller, they hold it at about the same time as C&O. There is usually a good variety of cars, too. The Z cars are definitely appreciated.

Here's a video I shot of today's meet: 

• Like 3

I've never been too impressed by someone who shows up at a car show with a brand new car. Just doesn't seem to demonstrate any problem-solving abilities or particular skill set - aside from being able to make enough money to write a check, which is one skill I've never mastered, damn it! 😪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's my annual week off to prepare for the Mitty historic races at Road Atlanta. I changed the oil on the 260Z today and got the 6 month old tires mounted to replace the ones I got for free back in 2018. (I have to see if I can fix that toe-in in the rear sometime.) Tomorrow is bath-time for the Z, and I'll clean it out inside, too. I carry around too many tools/parts so I can help other people with their Zs.

• Like 1

Washed and polished the car in preparation for the Mitty. I might have to leave it at home on Saturday since there's a lot of rain in the forecast for that day.

I also took the time to install an old 240Z door striker plate on the passenger side. I replaced the original striker plate a long time ago, but I could never get the aftermarket plate adjusted right. The old striker plate works much better.

20210420_114521.jpg

20210420_102732.jpg

20210420_111440.jpg

260Z Overhead.jpg

• Like 2