IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

3 hours ago, DatsunZGuy said:

I had the opportunity to get up close and personal with one at a car meet in San Luis Obispo a few years ago.  The original (and current) owner purchased it new when he was in the US Navy stationed in Hawaii. 

That was a good investment!!

• Agree 1

So this car isn’t technically for sale but the owner said he’d take $400. It’s has a complete L28 and manual transmission. Most of the parts are still there. I saved it from its demise just by chance. I haven’t been to this yard in 4 months and he’s got all sorts of old cars. Had three 280s, a 240 and a 2+2. He’s was crushing the 280s and keeping the 240 and 2+2. I just happened to walk up to this one when the auto grim reaper approached. I told him “don’t crush this car”. He had already smashed a decent 78’. He said go talk to the owner. Owner didn’t care either way. I think I convinced him to keep it.
Here’s the video I took. If I arrived 5 mins later this puppy was going to be tuned in to Tuna Cans and paper clips. I did mange to grab some parts. ECU, fan shroud, cold start injector, condenser, a quartz clock some other odds and ends. $30 total

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

So this car isn’t technically for sale but the owner said he’d take $400. It’s has a complete L28 and manual transmission. Most of the parts are still there. I saved it from its demise just by chance. I haven’t been to this yard in 4 months and he’s got all sorts of old cars. Had three 280s, a 240 and a 2+2. He’s was crushing the 280s and keeping the 240 and 2+2. I just happened to walk up to this one when the auto grim reaper approached. I told him “don’t crush this car”. He had already smashed a decent 78’. He said go talk to the owner. Owner didn’t care either way. I think I convinced him to keep it.
Here’s the video I took. If I arrived 5 mins later this puppy was going to be tuned in to Tuna Cans and paper clips. I did mange to grab some parts. ECU, fan shroud, cold start injector, condenser, a quartz clock some other odds and ends. $30 total

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a waste, in the future parts will be hard to find. Theres many good parts on that Z that could be used on a restoration still.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1