IGNORED

'72 240Z on BaT Already at $45k with 6 More Days to Go!

lonetreesteve

Big controversy over this auction. High bid is now only $21K. Basically the rotisserie photos on the site was not this car. BAT cancelled the three highest bids. still looks like a great car and maybe a steal due to the “Bad Carma”.

22 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

$40K 

Yep looks like that’s the final bid. It was impressive even through all the drama.  I thought for sure the trolls were going to cause the auction to end at a lower price but it seems the car stood out in the end. 

In my opinion, BaT should limit comments to people who actually place a bid or at least a known reputation. 

Mike

• Like 1

@Mike I have never watched a BAT auction near the end as I did this one. I don't see the commentary being any real issue in the way of the bidders. Trolling is status quo now-a-days.

The fact that BAT gives you 2 minutes after every new bid is more like a real auction, as opposed to eBay with a set end time, you get snipers. (still lots of step in bidders near the end)

This is like the Going, going, gone call. The real bidders know whats going on and if they have been outbid. If they want to step it up they have 2 min. to place a new bid and start the 2 min warning again.

This one went up nearly 15K in the last 10 min. Trolls or no trolls if the car is legit, the bidders know it, and act accordingly. 

I am glad to see it went nearly right back up to where it was before the issues arose. Briank105 had been in the mix for a long while, and persistence paid off for him. He now has a very nice example of a Z.

• Like 1

I agree with Terripin Z,   Part of the BAT winning formula is the week long commentary by some very knowledgeable experts on this marque (just not in the market to purchase during that time).  Some, members of this forum. 

Bat also actively moderates  the posts.  I have tuned in to about a half dozen of the Datsun auctions, its a great format to sell or buy.

• Like 1