IGNORED

'72 240Z on BaT Already at $45k with 6 More Days to Go!

lonetreesteve

2 minutes ago, DatsunZGuy said:

Nice car.  I just hope we are not seeing an overly exuberant  Z car bubble.

A just year ago, jaws would have dropped if this sold for even 35K.

What's incredible is that there was a $40K bid placed only 25 minutes into the auction, blowing the first bid of $10k completely out of the water!  This morning a third bid came in at $42.5K and and hour later the bidder who placed the earlier $40K bid placed a bid for $45K. All of this happening during the first 12 to 13 hours of the auction with 6 and a half days to go.  If activity like this continues on these auctions, it could cause a bubble.

Doesn't it have a replacement engine?  I think the original engine comes with the car?  Of course, it ran when parked....

The front of the radiator support should be black - brush painted.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 26th-Z said:

Doesn't it have a replacement engine?  I think the original engine comes with the car?  Of course, it ran when parked....

The front of the radiator support should be black - brush painted.

You're correct, it has a rebuilt 2.4 liter replacement engine and the car's original engine is included with the purchase (which makes it a hassle for the buyer having to pay to transport both).  And yes, I also noticed that the front of the radiator support wasn't painted black - which really shows up when a 240Z happens be white or another light color.  The grille looks bent as well. 

1972_datsun_240z_155327901795d565ef66e7dDatsun240zset1-10.jpg

Edited by lonetreesteve