IGNORED

Meet Zella. My 1975 Datsun 280z

zella

7 hours ago, wheee! said:

Your original pics show the car in 77-78 style bumpers... interesting! What is the production date on the door tag?

So the door tag was lost a few years ago, apparently they removed it when they were doing paint re-touchups and they never put it back (photo below). I looked up the VIN number against the production date and it looks like its a 75. Maybe one of the previous owners replaced the bumpers? Anything else I can look at to confirm if its a 75?

Love all the investigative work on this forum!

IMG_4147.jpg

6 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

Well Zella is pretty hot! Nice bumper conversion. What tire and wheel size did you go with?

You won’t get much by the enthusiasts in this forum....they see everything. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! The wheels are Rota RB 16*7". And the tires are 205/50/R16.Took a lot of back-and-forths to get the tire size right but pretty happy how it came out.

4 hours ago, wheee! said:

You have some fine custom shops there too! I wish I had of been able to spend more time in Dubai when I was passing through...

http://www.carbonsignalauto.com/product/s30-dashboard-door-panel/

I see these guys at most of the car meets here. Super friendly guys who are very passionate about what they do. 

• Like 1

You have the correct door latches for a 75-76 280Z the distance from your door edge to the door lock pull looks to be the correct 14cm meaning early 280Z. The doors and a few other things changed in August 76.
It’s quite possible someone bolted on different rubber bumper covers on the original bumpers for some reason.