IGNORED

Meet Zella. My 1975 Datsun 280z

zella

Damn that's a nice car.
Technical question... It's got no antenna and fender mirrors, yet red rear turn signals... European? I see a mirror in the old pics, on the drive side. Did Europe only have one mirror?
Or possibly converted North American? Can't see if there was an antenna on the old pics, maybe it was patched...

Sent from my OP 3T using Classic Zcar Club mobile

6 hours ago, grannyknot said:

She's a beauty!  Are there many Z's in Dubai?  Any pics of the engine bay?

They aren't a lot of 'em here but they are definitely getting popular. You've probably seen the famous yellow one out of Dubai: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhGokKjn-b_/

55 minutes ago, lordkarma88 said:

Damn that's a nice car.
Technical question... It's got no antenna and fender mirrors, yet red rear turn signals... European? I see a mirror in the old pics, on the drive side. Did Europe only have one mirror?
Or possibly converted North American? Can't see if there was an antenna on the old pics, maybe it was patched...

Sent from my OP 3T using Classic Zcar Club mobile

So it does have an antenna, but it's on the other side. You can see it in the photo below.

The fender mirrors are after-market, and came originally with just one mirror on the drivers side. It's a 280z imported from the U.S.

0E5A565B-5AED-4DCC-B236-11F5DC56A2CE.JPG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Fantastic job on this one, looks great!

Will you use the rear louvers?  I see you left the hinges, I have the same type hanging on the wall of my garage. :ph34r:

Good eye! The louvers are in the shop getting painted the same color as the bumpers. Not sure if I'll put em back on the car, but will try em on after the paint and decide.

• Like 1