IGNORED

ZCON 2018 Roll Call

SteveJ

4 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

Does Bill realize that the I-85 signs aren't speed limit signs? Who cares, I'm back in the 1970's when I was was bulletproof and much like back then, I just want to go faster.

Mark, as someone who drives on Georgia 400 every day, I can assure you that Georgians believe those are the speed limit signs. You should see how crazy it gets on I-675.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cool. Must be the road! I had a memorable I-85 experience while on the way to the show at Road Atlanta as well. Goes like this:

I was riding shotgun with @Zup in his flat-top powered 73 and we were following behind @S30Driver (who was our navigator) in his red 280.

Out on I-85 while we had the opportunity, Zup decided to put the pedal to the metal and show me what the boat anchors could do. He pulls out into the left lane and punches it. We pass S30driver and are gaining speed rapidly...

Zup is counting off the speed tics as I'm watching the "slow" traffic in the right lane quickly fall behind.

ninety-five.
one hundred.
hundred and five.
hundred and ten.

At that point, he lets up on the pedal. The car had more to give, but he just wanted to guarantee "over a hundred" and figured that an extra ten would account for any errors in measurement. Anyway, so we're slowing down and are about a half mile in front of our navigator...

As our exit for the track peels off to the right!!

So after we slowed down, we tucked back into the right lane and let our navigator catch up and pass us. "Re-calculating!"

• Like 3

@Captain Obvious

Something Bruce neglected to mention in this diddy:

We passed a non-descript modern green Mopar while we were at acceleration.

Bruce says'' You just poked the bear!"

Not seeing any Smokies, I don't know $hit about what he means.

He says----"That's a hellcat and I know the guy!"

About then the hellcat screams up to the right and disappears into the exit ramp as C.O. is waving out the window at the driver.

He had made up about a mile in 6 or 7 seconds.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, SteveJ said:

Mark, as someone who drives on Georgia 400 every day, I can assure you that Georgians believe those are the speed limit signs. You should see how crazy it gets on I-675.

Yes!  It's I 85 and U 85 or I'm driving up your muffler.

Mark and Kathy had gone from an airplane to my Camry with an Alabama tag.  We're talking and trying to navigate to Braselton.  It was a hoot. LOL

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

Just to be completely clear... There was no "racing" on the street. We were road testing the carburetor rebuild quality.

Didn't I see you & Zup borrow those 2 helmets from the PLN car in the hotel lobby prior to the trip up there....:ph34r:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.