IGNORED

resurrecting a 1977 280Z

MM569457

10 minutes ago, MM569457 said:

Update: took the Z for the safety inspection. It passed and I’ll get it registered Monday.

I started the process back in July 2018 and finally met my goal. There are still things to fix, preventative maintainence, and such, but the car is driveable. I’ve learned a lot.

I want to thank @Patcon @SteveJ @siteunseen @Av8ferg @Racer X and many others for mentorship getting this build complete. I’ve learned a lot from you folks. I really could not have done this without your wisdom.

I'm happy I could help. I love keeping these cars on the road (or track) where they belong.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, MM569457 said:

Funny side note: I gave a shout out on FB to the garage who installed the exhaust. 

Another garage went into attack mode against the guys who did my install. Bottom line, if you say you could have done it better, then advertise your garage or speak up when potential customers are soliciting a service.

Why attack a build done by a business competitor when you had an opportunity to advertise and didn’t? 

Because Facebook.

A toxic hellhole.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MM569457 said:

Update: took the Z for the safety inspection. It passed and I’ll get it registered Monday.

I started the process back in July 2018 and finally met my goal. There are still things to fix, preventative maintainence, and such, but the car is driveable. I’ve learned a lot.

I want to thank @Patcon @SteveJ @siteunseen @Av8ferg @Racer X and many others for mentorship getting this build complete. I’ve learned a lot from you folks. I really could not have done this without your wisdom.

Thanks for the props.

Life’s a journey, enjoy the ride.

• Agree 2

Get used to is. I always get comments or thumbs up when I drive mine. There much nostalgia with these vehicles.
It’s odd there is much space inside the cabin compared to the overall size of the vehicle.
Now that your got her on the road, what is your insurance game plan?
I’m with USAA and they’re only covering $800 for the car so I’m moving to Hagerty’s. I’m told you can give them the value you want insured within reason and you’ll be covered. I’m going to put mine around 20k-25k just to be safe. It’s probably not worth that much but in three years with inflation we could see another 15% decline in our currency. Every day I’m shocked at prices when I buy things I haven’t bought in awhile. Many things are double what I paid just 2 years ago.
Please stop the pain!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Take a look at “American Modern”. I’ve got my project insured for 30k for a little over $200 annually. $100 deductible with 3k miles a year. The stipulation in mine is it has to be garaged. You can also buy it back if god forbid it was totaled. I’m still in the build stage but will be transporting it quite a bit during the final stages.

I have Hagerty for my Zs.

$40,000 agreed value on my '72.

$10,000 agreed on my '77.

This year's price was $191 up from $189 last year. 

A guy came up from Birmingham and valued the cars, took pics of the garage and the locks on the doors.

Hard to beat their coverage, prices. I think I have 3 free flatbed tows a year. 3,000 miles a year per car max. I put maybe 500 on the 240 a year so I've built up an extra 10,000 if I decide to drive Route 66 a few times.

Get YOM (year of manufacture) tags if your state allows. You pay once and that's it.

Here's my '72 with YOM tag.

20190725_140631.jpg

• Like 2