IGNORED

2018 Grassroots Motorsports Mitty

SteveJ

3 hours ago, SteveJ said:

The Rabbit died. The driver only received minor injuries. (Photos downloaded from Facebook except the "before" photo

I saw that car on Saturday. Looks like the wreck might have been on the back straight away...

We meet a couple of guys that have been to a lot of Mitty's when they gave us a lift up one of the hills. They said there have been a number of bad wrecks in that area of the track. The cars can evidently get airborne and flip there. Especially if they try to pass...

7 hours ago, Patcon said:

We meet a couple of guys that have been to a lot of Mitty's when they gave us a lift up one of the hills. They said there have been a number of bad wrecks in that area of the track. The cars can evidently get airborne and flip there. Especially if they try to pass...

From what I read on Facebook, the Rabbit was more of a victim than a perpetrator.

Look for the Remembering the Old Road Atlanta group on there. (Thanks for letting me know about that group, Rob @conedodger)

On 4/7/2018 at 9:22 AM, Diseazd said:

Just Saturday. I’ll get there at 10am and leave at 7:30pm. I’m gonna be at my friend Woody Staub’s paddock till he races at 1:40. He’ll be near Greg Ira’s tent.....he races the number 22 car plus a new A Production 280Z powered car. After Woody races, I’m heading up to the Datsun tent in the infield. How about you? What’s your schedule?

Guy

73756409-8338-4A33-B55C-E4F3E5B24DB4.jpeg

That 22 car is beautiful. The 85 car Woody owns is plain looking in a cool way. It hauls arse too!

14 hours ago, Diseazd said:

It was fun to watch you drive Woody’s car Greg.....looks like ya’ll had the fastest lap in the Enduro....too bad about the tranny leak. Sam and Walter were proud puppies to see the 85 car on the podium...4 National Champions there...that was special. What a blast it was!

Yeah, the differential was puking out onto the exhaust. I could smell what type of oil was burning but it's not my car, so I didn't continue. Woody had a good first stent, then we worked our way up to 3rd. I love the enduro races.

Greg

3 hours ago, Lumens said:

I did not see anything about the sole remaining original BRE 240Z that Gerry Mason owns.

Was he not in attendance? 

Considering how much of a BRE fanatic Randy is,  if that car had been in attendance, I  would have heard about it. 

" sole remaining original BRE 240Z "  What?!  Is Carl Beck's car chopped liver?

Anyhow, I'm glad to hear you all had so much fun.  Glad to hear you had good weather!  Sounds like this was a good Mitty (except for the VW guy, glad he's ok).  Would have liked to have taken in the show at Randy Jaffe's car.  Reminds me of "the good-old days", Randy.  T h a t ' s  racin'!  Would have been nice to see John Morton again.

Thanks for the pictures and conversation - great thread

Edited by 26th-Z
  • Like 2