IGNORED

Window glass alignment in the channel

MH77280Z

Just checked and a couple of them yes 😞  They are so slight maybe one of those mirror polish products can help fill in the scratch.  The scratches I can live with, they really aren't noticeable but that streak and now I just noticed these weird like water spots I'll call them are there.  Its like you let water dry on the glass but no matter how much glass cleaner and elbow grease i use they are still there.  If i can't find a product to clear this its a project for another day, one of those when I get around to it not that big a deal one i guess.

Thank you all for the suggestions last night I tried a little white vinegar just to see if that trick would work no go I tried a lower abrasion cleaner no go either it's like 50 years worth of hard water stain buildups or something LOL I'll pick up some of these products over the weekend or similar to them and give it another go. It looks very similar to hard water stains you might see on a clear shower door that just never come out. I might try and find CLR or one of those type of products as well.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Richie G said:

OK, finally found something that works really well.  I tried everything suggested here plus I bought this crap I would not recommend for anything other than wasting your money:

image.png

Researching water spot removal I imagine you came across some info for spots on paint. 

Anything that you liked from reading similar to the eraser gel? 

I have some water spots I can't get gone. Anyone else have a recommendation, possibly? Thanks

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

Researching water spot removal I imagine you came across some info for spots on paint. 

Sorry @siteunseen I really didn't do much reading on the paint side.  I was focused on glass in my research and this came off as pretty decent but in the end I must have the mother of all water stains because nothing but the oxide polish even lightened them.

Realized I didn't show side by side, tried to do a quick paint shop edit of two photos to show the small section i did as a test area

image.png

• Like 3

@emccallum Amazon has a bunch of different options for that brand with or without polishing tools different sizes etc. I grabbed this one just because I wanted a small polishing wheel so I can get in the corner near the mirror without too much effort I'm sure removing the glass would be the easiest and best way to do this but I have so much time invested in it how I've aligned it sealed it with all the weather strip Etc I'm trying to take a bit of a shortcut out of it

• Like 3