IGNORED

Scammers

z3beemer

Well, I'll join in with my spam story. On this site I had a spammer send me a picture of a clock he was trying to sell. The numb nuts sent me one of my own clock pictures I used several months ago in an add. Oh, and another tell is "my paypal has problems, but I can use my son's" or "please send payment with friends and family and send me a copy of the transaction". right.

• Haha 2

This is a real problem and it’s everywhere.
Here are some other ways to avoid scammers.
1. Have the person post a picture with a price of paper with specific information on the paper, with the item. I just sold a car using Cargurus and they required that I take a photo of the car with the door open, and a piece of paper on the windshield with a code they emailed me written by hand on it. This keeps people from using photos they pulled of the internet.
2. Not to offend anyone but a foreign accent or poor grammar is a dead giveaway.
3. People need to earn my trust. I call people before buying most of the time. People are are too anxious and willing to please are more likely to be scammers.
4. I also like to lead people with a false statement that is obviously not true but only to someone who’s informed would know. Like “Does this fender fit on the 1972 with the special edition headlight buckets”? Or something like…”I need a fender that fits the 1975 to 1981 Z not the earlier ones. If the guy says…”yes, it sure does”….then you probably got him.
My mother in law got scammed last year with an Amazon email fake charge. She called the number was on the phone for 2 hrs the guy talked her into letting him have access to her computer where he stole all her passwords and credits card numbers. Took her to the cleaners..she was 79

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, SteveJ said:

I hope not. I would get kicked off this site...and you guys thought I was a real person.

I know that's not true! I've met you. Your not a real person, you're an engineer!  Totally different 😉

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/25/2022 at 7:22 PM, Yarb said:

Wonder why @mike has not deleted the 80 plus posts? Am I the only one getting these?

80 Plus? I counted over 350! then i stopped but there were more..

12 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

where he stole all her passwords and credits card numbers.

AS a EX.. securitysystem -guy... i always said and still say: NEVER ever put all your secret numbers in a computer!!!  It's asking for trouble !!  A piece of paper what you hide on a secret spot is much safer because no scammer can read that on a computer!  You can think it's save on a computer... IT's NOT !!   ANYthing on a computer is in there with zero's and ones! and everything is .. in the end... readable, how good your safety is does not matter, if i can read the harddisk i can access ALL your Data..

SO..  

1 NO secrets on a computer, its not safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 a piece of paper, and when your number is 3491 make a number in front and or after it say: 22349122  You only know that the 22 is fake!  Make it a habbit!!  Put 2 letters or diggits in front and rear.. think of your own number you want to use... then.. even is someone finds your piece of paper can't work with it!

Good luck !  🙂