IGNORED

Scammers

z3beemer

On the Zcar forum my rule is to immediately delete the post and ban anyone who joins and within hours posts "my friend Bob has one of those...".   I have no mercy with those jerks.

I agree:

1) Get pictures, preferably ones that you specifically requested. Everyone has a cell phone and can shoot pix for you.  

2) Deal with someone who has been on the forum for a year or longer.

3) Get a phone number and talk with the seller.

4) If in doubt, use an online escrow service that holds payment until the part arrives and you approve payment. That means you and the seller have to agree, and you'll pay a fee to the escrow service.  It's worth it on expensive parts.  If the seller won't agree, forget them.

7 minutes ago, Yarb said:

Wonder why @mike has not deleted the 80 plus posts? Am I the only one getting these?

He's probably sick of doing it over and over. They're flooding his server, and probably everyone else's too, to slow it down or disrupt our little corner of the www.com. What's it called, DDS disruption of service I think? 

I agree! I would come up with a method to prevent new registrants from posting pending approval. @Mike might need to solicit help from a forum member that has the time and skills to help filter out this mess. I just waded through 6+ pages of crap to find the 3 or 4 new posts... 😞

• Like 2

Another forum that I am a member of (not Datsun content) requires that a first time poster submit an introductory post. Who they are, where they are from, why they want to be a forum member. Helps prevent some of the issues that this forum has.

• Like 2