IGNORED

15x7 Konig wheel tire thoughts?

70z4fun

so I went with the 15" wheels and 205/50-15 Falken tires.

There seems to be a few different options available in that size, so I thought I would give it a try.

Tires are on order, so hope to see them on the car by the end of next week......

This is what is available to us in the UK - not sure if you are able to get the same tyres where you are:

https://www.blackcircles.com/order/tyres/search?width=205&profile=60&rim=15

Avoid the Michelin energy savers like the plaque (as me how I know)

I throughly recommend the Goodyear’s as I run them on my Z with over 200lbft hitting the tyres.

The continental contact 6 I run on both my Audis and they are a superb all rounder. The grip in the wet and slippy UK roads is very well matched to their performance in dry conditions.

Then there is the Falkens, the Uniroyals, michelin efficient grip.

Avoid anything with a B or less rain rating as they just won’t be sticky enough in the dry for spirited driving and are generally more focused on fuel economy and are, in reality, van tyres!

Good luck!

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 2:20 AM, AK260 said:

Liking the grannyknot link and added to favourites!

This is the other one I use which also gives the same info on a different way

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

0e8d9c9029df2760e6e7dc31419eafd0.png

I like this one!  I just used it to compare the OE tire size to the new tire size on our Tundra and got the info I wanted.  Thank you for the link!!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Any comments on the effect different tire sizes have on speedometer calibration...? I am running 195/70-14 on stock steel rims on my 240 and feel as though my speedo reads a little fast. I think my 5-speed trans is from an early 80's Maxima and I am running a 3:54 diff. I am considering putting 205/55-15 on my new Rewinds as the cool speedo calculator on Tire Size.com indicates they will bring the speedo down a few mph at 65. What say anyone on the topic...? Thanks...Ryals

I've got that wheel and tire combo on my 240, 205/55 Hankook tires. I put the wide 5 speed out of a '79 ZX too. It's pretty accurate driving side by side with another car while talking back and forth on our phones. I have the r180 that's original to the car. Seems like I used the 4 speed speedo cog in the 5 speed transmission. I'll try and find that old thread where I asked about it later today. Those 15x7 fit perfect and look great. 16s rubbed in the fronts so they're on the 280.

20150130_152500.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Tirnipgreen said:

Any comments on the effect different tire sizes have on speedometer calibration...? I am running 195/70-14 on stock steel rims on my 240 and feel as though my speedo reads a little fast. I think my 5-speed trans is from an early 80's Maxima and I am running a 3:54 diff. I am considering putting 205/55-15 on my new Rewinds as the cool speedo calculator on Tire Size.com indicates they will bring the speedo down a few mph at 65. What say anyone on the topic...? Thanks...Ryals

You need to check both speedometer and odometer error.  My '78 280Z riding on 225/50R16 tires (same OD as 195/70R14) shows about 10% fast on the speedometer, but the odometer is dead accurate.  I once did a road trip and watched the odometer over 100 miles and compared it to the mile markers on the side of the highway.  After 100 miles, it was within 0.2 miles.  The S30 speedometers are notoriously optimistic, so you will never get both the speedo and odo to read accurately.  You can change the speedometer drive gear in the trans, but before you do, get an accurate reading on the odometer using either GPS or mile markers.  

• Like 3