IGNORED

15x7 Konig wheel tire thoughts?

70z4fun

Finally got some 15x7 Konig wheels for my series one 240z. I have 14" 280zx wheels mounted with some Kelly 195/60-14 tires. I was looking at the 205/60-15 or a 205/55-15 for the new wheels. I am thinking the 225/50-15 is not much of advantage, since there is not that much out there in that size either...Any experience with current tire options? I even thought about a 195/60-15 Goodyear Eagle, but that might be too weird looking on the car? I know there is not much out there for performance tires, looks like just summer touring tires....

Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated. Excited to see the wheels on the car....

I love my 15" rewinds. 205/50 Falkens is what I run. They fill the space perfectly in my opinion. 16" are too much for a 240 so I put them on my 280. Still a little too much for me but way better on the 280. Go to motorsportsauto.com I think and they have suggestions on tire sizes for our cars. 

Rewinds are super light, you can't go wrong money wise vs. wheel combo.

20190725_140556.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/25/2021 at 8:16 AM, grannyknot said:

I have 195/60/14 Falken Azenis on my 510, good looking tire and although I haven't pushed them yet they seem to be pretty sticky.

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_1284.JPG

I am contemplating putting those on my 240Z.

2 hours ago, grannyknot said:

If were going to add a tire size calculator then this is the page, https://www.blocklayer.com/tire-size-calculator.aspx

Also does transmission gearing and a bunch of other calculators that might be useful.

That would be cool but I was thinking several tire calculator links could be posted in the same article all in one place

Options, ya know...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...