IGNORED

[SOLD] WTB Stock Series 1 240Z

Guest pazt2prezent

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, HS30-H said:

Ah, you've taken my correction as some kind of insult I see.

Sorry but, as the owner of a genuine KPGC10,  I have to stick up for what's right. The term "Hako clone" means only one thing to me, and in you car's case it is clearly inappropriate. Your car left the factory as a C10-series Skyline and it is still a C10-series Skyline. It's left the factory as a 'Hakosuka' and it is still a 'Hakosuka'. If it's a "clone" (actually, merely a lookalike despite your exhortations...) of anything then it's a clone of a KPGC10 GT-R.

If you see this as nothing more than "nit picking" then you should probably have bought a genuine KPGC10 in the first place. 

I get that this is the internet, I get your intelligent, I get your knowledgeable about facts, I get your articulate and I get your OCD.

The original thread starter, however, obviously took you comments wrong for whatever reason.  I get that too.  We all have things rub us the wrong way.

Understanding you've ruffled his feathers, instead of dropping it, apologizing or wording it in way that you know you could have as an expert, you continued to add why the facts you know are the only right ones and that you own "genuine" one.  Clearly, regardless of the facts you know about cars, the way you handled this is simply wrong.  You understood he took it as an insult but didn't care because the facts were more important to YOU.  How is this inviting to a newbie in anyway? 

BTW, fender mirrors will still get in my way and I don't like how they look! :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pazt2prezent said:

HS30-H, I'll let the rest of the guys decide if this is "really the way all of this works," either on this forum or in the real world. The car gods have always smiled on me and I've been very lucky to find cars I can enjoy with and preserve for the next generation through personal contacts, face to face interaction, or by picking up the phone. When I needed a replacement OEM bulb for a blown Everwing foglight on my roadster, the internet was useless, but a few phone calls to friends and patience over 6 months led me to the only guy left standing who had them.

Figured I'd try the forum route to see what it had to offer...just isn't for me. No commentary on why it is or isn't right for someone else. So with the famous breakup line, "it's not you, it's me," I'm out. I can't even say that I'm sure you'll claim some sort of victory, notch your stick, have a toast in your imaginary saloon, etc. because I don't know you so I won't make any broad-sweeping assumptions. 

Thanks to Mike for maintaining what is clearly a great resource and to the other guys who were helpful.

@pazt2prezent, you are welcome.  I hope you reconsider your opinions about forums and bring in some additional challenges.  The one thing I do know is that our guys are very interested in exploring the genuine facts about the Z car, no matter the country.  There are a lot of knowledgeable people here.  Albeit a bit rough around the edges, you will find a ton of data (and debatable topics) to help make your Z projects a success.

......a beautiful car AND a beautiful wife.  pazt2prezent.....hang around old boy.....you won’t believe the good info on this forum....it takes a lot of personalities to form a forum. Some can irritate, but they sure know their stuff. Zedhead can be a D***head sometimes (lol), but he’ll find an answer to your problems. Hang around a while....I think you’ll fit right in. After all.....they are great little cars....that’s what it’s all about!

1E74A6F8-EF54-44B4-85DF-1A7C763CF3FD.jpeg

• Like 1

This is some weird psychology going on here, isn't there?  I see a ton of cognitive bias.  Believing what you hope to be true, instead of seeing what is.  Or maybe it's just plain old confusion.  Throwing insults when you're confused is pretty common.  Thanks for the "compliment" Diseazd.

Also, don't really know what to think about somebody who lets a single person drive them away (note - I'm not the one).  Seems like pazt is letting HS30 push him out.  Which might be what HS30 wanted.  The pond is too small.

Alrighty then.  This thread is about dead.  Let some days go by...

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

This is some weird psychology going on here, isn't there?  I see a ton of cognitive bias.  Believing what you hope to be true, instead of seeing what is.  Or maybe it's just plain old confusion.  Throwing insults when you're confused is pretty common.  Thanks for the "compliment" Diseazd.

Also, don't really know what to think about somebody who lets a single person drive them away (note - I'm not the one).  Seems like pazt is letting HS30 push him out.  Which might be what HS30 wanted.  The pond is too small.

Alrighty then.  This thread is about dead.  Let some days go by...

Either you missed his professed antipathy to forums early in the thread (precis: "I'm usually above all this, but I'm looking for a car...") or you yourself are suffering from a slight dose of cognitive bias.

He was only here looking for something. He got it. He doesn't like forums. He's probably not coming back. I didn't push him out. He didn't want to be part of our little tree house community in the first place. 

Overnight, rain comes and washes away the dog pee from the lamp post. Life goes on. There's probably a Talking Heads lyric that deals with it...

• Like 1

• Mike locked this topic