IGNORED

MSA satin black Konig Rewinds are coming.. need tires

Zedyone_kenobi

9 hours ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

32383415934_bba906b0be_b.jpg

This image sort of sums it up.

the front tire look like a truck tire to me.  I cannot shake it!

Sorry, but visually this was bugging the crap out of me.  It's a disease kinda' like these cars are.  Yes, the front is a little higher than the back.  The tilt of the photo accentuates that. It's an technique that used to be used in "before and after" advertising.  Not at all saying it was intended but I just had to fix it to give a better representation. :). This one is closer to reality minus the lens distortion.  Carry on Gentlemen!

32383415934_bba906b0be_b.jpg

When I installed my black Konigs I debated on the lugs but finally decided on chrome.  I have another car with black wheels and with black lugs I think you lose some of the depth of the wheel, sort of one big black hole...My 2 cents.  I still like the gun metal gray best though and have thought about going to Rota's or having these powder coated, very close to the same cost either way.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

15 hours ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

Agreed and well put.  Forget I mentioned it. I have made the same arguments.  I am just a little annoyed that I now have TWO sets of wheels and tires I do not need.

A complete set of VTO LeMans, and a complete set of Konig Rewinds.  BOTH WITH NEW TIRES.

This is a bad as the spark plug wire fiasco of 2012.  (5 sets of wires... do not ask)

Zedy.....Like I said before....several times.....IMO your car was perfect with the Panasports to start with....you got rid of the pinstripe (good move).....now, paint the rear spoiler the same color as the car, don't put the lower stripe on it, and just keep your tires clean and dressed.....PERFECT!!  No charge for the advice. :huh:

Kinda like this.        :rolleyes:

IMG_0098.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

Edited by Diseazd
  • Like 1

Guy you are as steadfast as a mountain. LOL  

My spoiler is the same color as the car.  But I am going to try that 240Z door pinstripe (if you mean the purple pinstripe, yuck that is never coming back!).  I am also getting new door cards for the interior and redoing all my external badges.  I am at that point where next to a paint job, their is not much left to do that will have a noticeable improvement.  Having said that I am working with Dave Irwin and we are getting all my turn stalks/ hazard switches/ combo switches redone.   I am chasing a weird right rear blinker thing.  The more I tear into the car inspecting wiring, the more I add to my punch list. 

I like to try new things with my car. I cannot help it.  I am also going to get some euro bumpers and put them on their as well, and maybe even spring for some original OEM Datsun fogs (995 dollars gulp!). If I ever find a set of head light covers, I have 2 grand stashed for those as well.  Just need to get lucky.

I already sold the black Konigs, they are going to a very cool new 280Z owner who is getting his build finished. 

Edited by Zedyone_kenobi
  • Like 1