IGNORED

[2017] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

18 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I'm sure you like your car cover. Do you remember the item number or should I just go to their website and put in 240Z?

Thank you for any recommendations. Cliff

Found my invoice. I purchased p/n C92PD Custom Polycotton Cover with driver door mirror pocket. Mine is stored inside.

Looks well made and should last a long time. 

12 hours ago, Travel'n Man said:

I really do like like to drive in Atlanta at all unless it is for work. You should plan on ZDayz 2018 at Tail of the Dragon. 800 Z car enthusiasts for 3 days

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

I totally understand about not wanting to drive in Atalanta. I think most of the driving will be North of Atlanta and you will get to meet some of the excellent board members in person. They are a colorful crew! :P

Edited by Patcon
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2017 at 11:05 AM, Travel'n Man said:

I really do like like to drive in Atlanta at all unless it is for work. You should plan on ZDayz 2018 at Tail of the Dragon. 800 Z car enthusiasts for 3 days

I doubt there is a sane person who likes to drive in Atlanta. LOL

With that in mind, we are trying to make it more bearable for visitors. For instance, to get to the autocross and track day events, you'll be driving against traffic.

Heck, I'll probably be staying at the hotel (or one nearby) as opposed to driving back and forth from my house each day.

28 minutes ago, 7tooZ said:

Steve is there a special trick load a video like that?
Nice group of cars. Snowed here in Seattle area today so most cars are parked inside

No tricks here. I just got the videos on a GoPro clone, combined them with Windows Movie Maker, and uploaded the resulting video to Youtube. After I "published" the video, Youtube provided a link to share it.

I guess the biggest "trick" is to have a computer with enough horsepower to process the video for editing.

Fun with Rats! I picked up a 300zx turbo the other day. 

Well I knew going in there were critter problems. In the back they had a field day with tail light section. I mean, not just chewed, full course meal missing a few feet of about 6 wires. 

I got some of their previous hack mechanic stuff undone and gave it a shot trying to start, nothing. Checked all fuses, relays, links. Since no start, I figured I would check what did work. Lights, wipers, and Ac fan came on fine, but I could here what sounded like debris and figures they made a nest was in the fan blower. At this point I was hoping to not have to pull the dash. 

As I was removing the ECU I could see little pieces of wire sitting on top of it. Sure enough the main harness plug was full throttle dinner! They even managed to chew one of the 10 gauge wires straight through. Hardest part is they chewed some of the wires right to the plastic.

Hard to tell from the pics but at least 12 wires.

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

• Mike pinned and locked this topic