IGNORED

Hauling a Z on a trailer

Mike

Thanks guys, made it back safe today.  Considering we are "between" storms I was able to drive on a nice sunny (but cold) day from Oregon to Washington.  If you know anything about the PacNW, we normally get only a few of these sunny days in the winter.  Anyway, the Z is put away in the new garage as we wait for a snow storm tomorrow.  I'm excited to get started working on a few projects until nicer weather is upon us.  I appreciate all the help, it made the journey that much better.

2 minutes ago, FreshZ said:

nice looking Z, Mike! what size wheels do you have on her

Sent from my LG-D850 using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Thanks!  The wheels are Boyd's 5-star 15x8.  I can't remember the offset, sorry.  They will be for sale soon if you are interested! ;)  I'm going to purchase new wheels before summer.

I saw this thread and wanted to add on my personal experience with the U-Haul car haulers.  They really are the best and make moving a Z safe and easy.  The fold down driver side fender is a true blessing,  Here is my 240z on one when I purchased it in June 2014.

Uhaul240z01.jpg

I saw this thread and wanted to add on my personal experience with the U-Haul car haulers.  They really are the best and make moving a Z safe and easy.  The fold down driver side fender is a true blessing,  Here is my 240z on one when I purchased it in June 2014.

Uhaul240z01.jpg

what is a fold down driver side fender?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Classic Zcar Club mobile

On the driver side of the trailer the fender is hinged and folds down so you can open the door of the car.  This way it is easier to get in and out of the car when it is on the trailer.  There are two rubber T handles that you simply pull up out of their attachment points and the fender simply folds down.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 3:22 PM, Mike said:

IMG_7986.JPG

Glad the trip worked out as planned. My only comment is that I thought you were supposed to have the strap centered down the middle of the tire. The lower ratchet point moves inboard and out to allow for adjustment, and I think centered is desired. I know it doesn't matter for you now, but maybe for the next guy?

I'm no expert on the use of those trailers, but maybe someone else more experienced can confirm / deny?

• Like 1

Glad the trip worked out as planned. My only comment is that I thought you were supposed to have the strap centered down the middle of the tire. The lower ratchet point moves inboard and out to allow for adjustment, and I think centered is desired. I know it doesn't matter for you now, but maybe for the next guy?
I'm no expert on the use of those trailers, but maybe someone else more experienced can confirm / deny?

Thanks Captain, I just now noticed the ratchets could be slid to the center of the tire! As you pointed out, mine were a bit to the outside. If anyone rents one of these trailers, I highly suggest bringing a can of WD40 to lube up the ratchets. Mine were pretty stiff and (if I had noticed the slide adjustments) it would have been extra difficult to adjust them to center. Not to mention it was 30 degrees in the morning so things were extra stiff.

Sent from my iPad using Classic Zcar Club mobile