IGNORED

1970 240Z HLS30- 06026 For Sale (original)

tse4me

It's a philosophical discussion at this point.  Calculating the number of teeth in the mouth of the dead horse we're beating.  Comparing Jai, who joined to share her car and experience with the club, and to get some help with it, to a guy who  joined only to sell his car isn't quite right though.  Not really the same type of people, I'd say.  And saying that somebody got taken advantage of because they sold their car for less than they could have squeezed out doesn't make sense.  If you were the buyer, would you offer him that difference?  An extra $7000 just to be fair, because you know it's the right thing to do?  If not, then the argument doesn't really hold up.

I'm not arguing just to argue, I just enjoy a good philosophy discussion.  Hope nobody is getting disturbed.,  No offense intended.

Maybe tse4me will come back and share the story of the sale of his car.  That would be nice of him, considering the help he got here.

@tse4me

No, not offended ZH. I guess part of my point is we really know nothing about this person, partly because he is new. He may be broke, he may not be.

Also I wouldn't consider leaving 50% on the table squeezing a deal. $500, $1000 maybe...

I would have real reservations about feeling like I took advantage of someone. That's partly what struck me all wrong about the video link we had a while back about the TV guy buying the yellow automatic that he wanted to flip. He beat the guy down on price when he knew the original price was more than fair.

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

No, not offended ZH. I guess part of my point is we really know nothing about this person, partly because he is new. He may be broke, he may not be.

Also I wouldn't consider leaving 50% on the table squeezing a deal. $500, $1000 maybe...

I would have real reservations about feeling like I took advantage of someone. That's partly what struck me all wrong about the video link we had a while back about the TV guy buying the yellow automatic that he wanted to flip. He beat the guy down on price when he knew the original price was more than fair.

That TV guy was Wheels Dealers and Mike Brewer a UK TV program. They contacted me ages ago in Australia (the production company) looking for a 240z to buy around $5k AUD. I told them not gonna happen, too cheap for our market. Although it does seem they try to make it appear as legitimate as possible, in reality much of that show is staged...

I can't remember exactly who, but somebody here said that they knew the guy who bought that car from the Wheeler Dealer guys.  Or maybe he bought it from the guy that bought it..  Never did let anyone know what shape it was in or what they were planning to do with it.  Kind of sounded like they were going to undo everything that WD did and restore it.  

I know a guy who used to own a crab boat (actually a tender) and knew many of the crews on the Discovery show.  He said the same, lots of staging of events.  

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up purchasing this Z and arrived this morning. The seller was very helpful throughout the process. It's now parked next to my 1971 series 1 which is also a 904 White with Blue interior. I paid more than what it was originally listed for but less than what some guesstimated, so I'm happy with the purchase. It needs a lot of work, but over all pretty solid and runs good. Not sure exactly what my plans are at this time but I will be changing out the door panels, recovering the seats and switching sides since they are currently mounted incorrectly.

I understand and agree with members that thought it should have sold for the original asking price when someone offered to buy it, but at the same time I understand the seller wanting more money when people suggested it was worth more.

Regardless, that's in the past and here we are now.

Z2.jpg

z3.jpg

Z1.jpg

Edited by oemz

Looks like this deal ended OK for both parties, when at first it didn't look like it would.

Funny how color works. I like white on my M3 daily driver, which is a traditional color for German vintage cars, but don't care for it at all on a 240Z.

OTOH, I am putting the early Z car that I'm restoring back to its original #918 orange and that seems right for the car. Maybe it's because lots of early Z cars came in 918 orange and I'm used to it, but very few came in white.