IGNORED

Say good bye to 280Z Big bumpers !

esprist

Finally we made these brackets that DOES NOT require any cutting or modification to fit 240Z bumpers.

In Japan, all the cars made between 1969-1978 have early 240Z bumpers. However for US market, Nissan did heavy body modification to clear strict "5 mile-bumper" rule and fitted bog bumpers.

These kit give those who wants to have JDM/Euro look to their car an option! 

Precision cut, bend, and drilled by latest technology using OEM gauge metal.

http://jdm-car-parts.com/products/240z-front-bumper-conversion-bracket-kit-for-us-1974-78-datsun-260z-280z

http://jdm-car-parts.com/products/280z-rear-bumper-bracket-conversion-kit-for-us-1974-78-datsun-260z-280z-late-s31

These will be available from Motorsport Auto from this week! 

30-J8209_grande.jpg

30-J8210.JPG

Edited by esprist
Typo
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, esprist said:

Finally we made these brackets that DOES NOT require any cutting or modification to fit 240Z bumpers.

In Japan, all the cars made between 1969-1978 have early 240Z bumpers. However for US market, Nissan did heavy body modification to clear strict "5 mile-bumper" rule and fitted bog bumpers.

These kit give those who wants to have JDM/Euro look to their car an option! 

Precision cut, bend, and drilled by latest technology using OEM gauge metal.

http://jdm-car-parts.com/products/240z-front-bumper-conversion-bracket-kit-for-us-1974-78-datsun-260z-280z

http://jdm-car-parts.com/products/280z-rear-bumper-bracket-conversion-kit-for-us-1974-78-datsun-260z-280z-late-s31

These will be available from Motorsport Auto from this week! 

30-J8209_grande.jpg

30-J8210.JPG

Nice work Zed Head.

We did not realize that you made nice pieces! Perfect for show car!

Ours are made exactly the same bracket as Japanese early S31 rear bumper bracket including hole patterns. 

Front ones are made so that you don't have to drills any holes. And it is the same gauge metal as factory one which mounts to the factory threaded holes on the car.

Our parts are made for people in US who just wants to get rid of big bumpers and install 240z bumpers in the easiest way.

I but I really like yours! Nice!

Edited by esprist
Wrong font

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Do have rear brackets that looks fine. Not the problem.

Any trick to fix rear bumper on body side?

I mean, can 280Z rear side bumper original holes be used or is the only way to drill through the double wall body?

Thanks for your help and pics!

I ended up drilling new holes on my '75 Z.  I didn't have to go through the inner walls.  There was enough room in each side of the cargo area to reach down between the inner and outer walls, put in the bolts, and tighten them up.

Edited by SoCalJim
  • Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 1:12 PM, Labubre said:

Hi,

Do have rear brackets that looks fine. Not the problem.

Any trick to fix rear bumper on body side?

I mean, can 280Z rear side bumper original holes be used or is the only way to drill through the double wall body?

Thanks for your help and pics!

I was able to use the existing hole on the side to thread a screw into the side of the 240z bumper.  It's a 76 280z.  It's hard to get started, but it works fine.  I also put a small piece of vinyl in there to prevent scratching.  HTH