IGNORED

1973 Rebuild

13 hours ago, Matthew Abate said:

I will check that out and see if it fits. The interior diameter looks a little big compared to your photo, though.

Speaking of check valves, one of the fuel hoses has one but I don’t see it in the diagram and it’s not listed in the parts for the fuel tank assembly.

I am assuming it goes from the tank to the vapor canister and is supposed to prevent backflow but I’m not confident in that assumption.

Any ideas?

Any good places I might want to add an additional one?

Sam the diesel man is no more on ebay but I googled the info and got these results...

https://www.google.com/search?q=5-16-Check-Valve-Diesel-Gas-8mm-One-Way-Fuel-Flow-&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Thanks for the info everyone! Okay, quick recap:

1. The silver check valve connecting two black hoses is for the brake booster vacuum. The black and gray one I have is also a brake booster vacuum check valve. The red ring is for the silver valve.

I will test the silver one. If it works I’ll use it.

2. The 240 Z did not have a check valve in the vapor lines prior to (I think) 8/73.  There is one on the brake booster, one on the smog system, and a flow valve on the left inner fender for vacuum lines.

There IS one on the vapor line for cars that came with a charcoal canister (9/73?). I think there is also a fuel check valve between the fuel pump and the fuel rail on FE equipped cars.

I think I will set up the fuel lines as they were OEM and investigate having one after the fuel pump somewhere (both placement and necessity).

Edited by Matthew Abate
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Matthew Abate said:

Can anyone show me a photo of the REAR 240z fuel filter bracket?

Hihi.. I would like to see that one to!  Hihi.. i don't remember i ever have seen one.  A 240z has a fuelfilter under the hood.. that's it..  Other (later) s30 and s130 have a electric pump and a filter in the rear (and a puls dampener for the electric fuelpump.) For as far i know..

I found that diagram on a thread about refurbing gas tanks with por-15. I thought I saw it somewhere else where @Captain Obvious had commented but can’t find it now.

Anyway, this is the setup my car has. I have accounted for everything except the filter bracket and the routing of hoses 8 and 9 through the body (I’ve only found one grommet hole) and that’s keeping me from finishing the tank installation.

Here's a crappy pic from a 74 260Z. Note that it's not the correct filter. Nipples aren't in the correct location, but it was what I could find at the time:
P1010401.JPG

Pic is a little too close-up to get a good handle of what's going on, but that's all I could find in my files. And also, I'm not even sure if the 260 is the same as your 73 240Z. But hope this might help some?

• Like 1