IGNORED

Updates to the ZCCA Car Show Judging Rules

TomoHawk

1 minute ago, S30Driver said:

@bpilati  has been a ZCCA judge.

Yeah---I learned a lesson from him.

His name on your glove box lid inner panel WILL cost you points!

Ask me how I know.

You'd think you could get a +1 for schmoozing--------not so. ROFL

• Haha 1

Assuming you're talking about Stock class, that is a difficult class to judge. Technically if it wasn't on there when it left the factory,  it could count against you. However there are instances where Nissan has consolidated parts over times for various reasons.  Sometimes they run out of a part and a new part supersedes an older part. Sometimes a part had problems and is replaced by a newer one. The fuel line heat shield kit is a good question,  and I don't know the answer.  It's not a factory part technically unless it came on the boat. Dealer installed is usually not allowed. 

5 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

I sent an email to Todd Wagner and Chris Karl from the ZCCA to look at this thread and maybe provide comments. 

I also sent an email to Fred Buoni. I hope that at least one of them will look. However, this close to ZCON, they are all probably pretty busy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

I also sent an email to Fred Buoni. I hope that at least one of them will look. However, this close to ZCON, they are all probably pretty busy.

And the email to Fred bounced. @bpilati - Do you have a club meeting coming up soon where you could direct Fred to this thread?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 240260280 said:

You mean the hub caps are off and in cardboard boxes on the rear deack?

Just read the rules, and it states in Section II A (Stock Class): "Any dealer preparation shall be limited to removal of protective shipping coatings /
coverings and installation of components shipped with the car in protective coverings."

So probably does not need to be in cardboard boxes in the rear.  But that would be great if someone actually had those original boxes and displayed the car that way.

For the 1973 Model Year - - several different versions came from the factory. You will notice that the 73 240Z's - mostly have a inverted V shaped piece of metal on the radiator core support - which has a rubber seal attached to it. They were put on at the Dealerships as part of the trial and error solutions to help remediate the vapor locking and percolating fuel issues.  The fist one's were bolted on at the Dealerships, then later they were put on at the factory - spot welded on the radiator core supports.  Likewise many of the items created / tried at the Dealerships,  while Nissan's Service and Engineering departments were working with the Dealerships to solve the operational problems, were added at the factory on later examples.  IMHO the best thing the ZCCA could do in this case - is note in the Judging Rules, that items specified by Nissan Field Service for installation at the Dealerships are to be considered "factory".  

The earliest Core Support Lip that I've see was on HLS30 137967... 12/72...

FWIW

Carl B.

• Like 2