IGNORED

24 months of intensive restoration, and I'm almost done.

blakt out

what perplexes me is putting all the effort and money into this project and selling it less than a year after it's done. obviously this was a labour of love and commitment but i would have driven and enjoy it till the thrill factor wore off, if that's possible. now there may be reasons for selling and it's none of my business but it must break his heart to sell. after so long the zed must feel like part of the family.

The blue one sure sits high in the front. With that reverse rake, no front spoiler/air dam and the known proclivity for early 240Zs to get light in front at highway speeds, I can guess that it might be a "thrilling" ride at speed.

The blue one sure sits high in the front. With that reverse rake, no front spoiler/air dam and the known proclivity for early 240Zs to get light in front at highway speeds, I can guess that it might be a "thrilling" ride at speed.

I think that is because the engine isn't installed yet. The pictures show the empty engine bay and the ad says "This magnificent one-off 240Z is estimated to be ready for customer delivery on or before May 30, 2011."

-Mike

I just blogged about this today in my own blog. Someone pointed me to an article about the car over at Autoblog this morning and I wanted to share it. http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/28/ebay-find-of-the-day-worlds-best-datsun-240z-resto-mod/ They are calling this the best 240z resto-mod. Congrats on the project, AND the sale. Hopefully you came out ahead either in love or price.. or both. :beer:

• 9 months later...

Jared,

With the dollar as weak as it is right now more and more nice vehicles are headed overseas. I see it as a shame for the hobby and a blessing for the seller that needs to sell the vehicle.

Congrats on the article in "Modified". You did one hell of a job on that car and deserve to be recognized for it. I am curious as to how you will top that one.

Take care,

John

I appreciate it, fellas. I agree totally about the value of the dollar sucking in all cases except for the needy seller. If we could all be responsible for ourselves and not just print more money...

Anyway, I doubt I'll ever top it. I mean, if I decide to build something else (decide= can afford it again) I'll do a track car... and likely just a new one. I really love the Porsche GT3.

Thanks much for the props on the Modified mag comment. I definitely felt proud to be representing the Datsun guys as best as I could there.

Take care,

Jared

Jared, I remember your car from Z-Con10. How could one forget that machine? Congrats on the sale. I sold HLS30-00110, blue/blue in Aug. It got shipped to Dubai also, to go with his 12 other 240's. Again, great build, that one will be hard to top in my opinion.

Bonzi Lon

As a judge at ZCON 2010 I was very interested in getting a much closer look at Jared's $125k 240Z.

It saddened me to see that while it's a very well put together car it couldn't muster enough points to be awarded a Gold Cup. I doubt this was an issue in selling the car but it would have been nice to see it go off with the highest award a Z car can obtain through the ZCCA.

Now I know here to look for a buyer if I do a refresh on my gnose 3.2L Rebello 240Z and get too old to drive it the way it should be driven.