IGNORED

What's in YOUR garage?

Arne

On 5/2/2014 at 8:53 PM, rossiz said:

no cars worth posting - other than the z of course...

built 43 one a while back: custom frame, bodywork, exhaust, gsxr front end, ducati ds1000 engine and supersport swing arm. pulled off the efi and set up an msd ignition off the layshaft pulley, then fit a pair of flatslide carbs on it. 335 lbs with a full tank of gas - it has an intense desire to rotate about its rear axle in the first 3 gears...

post-30163-14150828365744_thumb.jpeg

42 is a slightly less extensive build, donor bike was 2006 ducati sport classic, custom fairing, exhaust, gsxr front end, seat/tail and a few other bits. this one is my touring rig - have another seat that will accommodate my wife. we do 1,000 - 2,000 mile trips every summer. great fun!

post-30163-14150828367146_thumb.jpg

post-30163-14150828365253_thumb.jpeg

post-30163-14150828366043_thumb.jpg

post-30163-14150828366617_thumb.jpg

post-30163-14150828367795_thumb.jpeg

You Sir, are a man of good taste. :victorious:

I picked this up a few months ago but have not had time to do anything to it.  Its a 1998 Honda Passport/Isuzu Rodeo.  Got it for $500 from my new neighbor.  It needs a battery, alternator, tires, and a good cleaning.  Has 179K miles but short of being tapped on the front bumper cover it is in pretty good shape.  The lease is up on my FR-S in Feb. 2017 so my plan is to get this up to scratch and drive it, having it becoming my daily driver when the FR-S goes away.

On ‎2‎-‎1‎-‎2016 at 10:19 PM, k5ride said:

This is all I have in my  garage right now.  Two projects at once is all I can handle, with my money or time.  Everyone kept saying the Z was a "poor man's corvette".  I thought I would check out a vette for once.  It's definitely faster but it feels more like a muscle car than a sports car.  The Z is my favorite and much more fun to drive. It also doesn't drink as much fuel, so I can  enjoy it more.  I'll be selling the Corvette as soon as I get done getting it cherry.  I want to get another Z to replace it.  Possibly a 350 or 370Z.

vette and Z in garage.jpg

Yeah.. I agree with you. I feel the same with the Mustang I have. But I love both. A V8 doesn't belong in a Z..

What year is the c3 ? Late 70's..early 80's model ?

9 minutes ago, bartsscooterservice said:

Yeah.. I agree with you. I feel the same with the Mustang I have. But I love both. A V8 doesn't belong in a Z..

What year is the c3 ? Late 70's..early 80's model ?

It's a 79. At first I wasn't sure about the rear window style but it has grown on me.  Also it's nice they put a glove box in the later years and better seats, etc.  They made them more of a daily driver than a race car, which is good unless you plan on not driving it regularly.