• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by dmorales-bello

  1. As they say: "Enquiring Minds Want to Know..."
  2. I actually paid an extra $500 in 1977 for a dealer installed Hitachi AM-FM-CB-CASSETTE unit that worked flawlessly for the 4 years I had my 280Z. An adaptor was placed on the OEM electric antenna so it would work for the CB signal as well. Very slick set up!! That was a bunch of money in relation to the $8,000 I paid for the ZAP but I loved it and used it continuously, shifting from talking to 18 wheelers to listening to the recently released Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. Miss those days! Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  3. The block I used came from one of the fellow forum members (Phillip, @240260280) so I don't really know where he got it. There are many brands you can find online with a quick search with key words like "maxifuse, fuse block,..." etc. Maybe Phil will chime in here as well. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  4. Whee, with that digital display, yours will look even more like a flux capacitor than mine! I hope it fits. I love it!
  5. Thank you my friend. That's quite a compliment coming from you. 🧐
  6. I've been running my Maxifuse 4 circuit fuse block for a few months (replacement for the old fusible link set up) and all the electricals are working well. My worry has been the fact that the set up is definitely not water resistant (much less water proof) which could be a huge problem if I get caught in rain or simply carelessly wash my car. I like the fact that it's a simple 4 circuit system with readily available fuses so I found a way to put it inside a Husky brand (Home Depot) WATERPROOF 6" small parts box ( measures exactly 6"x6"x2") made of hard clear plastic. It looks like acrylic but I'm not sure. I pulled out all the partitions, opened 4 holes (one in each angled corner) and fit them with rubber grommets for all the input and output cables. Fixed the fuse block inside with well nuts placed on the bottom of the case (as well as the sound system fuse holder) and attached the set up back again in place of the old fusible link holders. Oh yeah, and I covered up the inverted "husky" logo with a spare 3D printed 280Z logo I had laying around. All the electricals tested well. I will run this for a while to test the durability of the clear plastic but I think it'll fare very well considering the fuse block itself was exposed to the heat of the engine bay for months without issue and this plastic seems very similar to that. I'll report long term findings if any. Pics below.
  7. Wow! Gorgeous job. Love that yellow.
  8. I'm a bit confused. Isn't this car a 280Z? That dash is a 240Z dash, isn't it? The Vintage Dash units we're waiting for (and are supposed to ship very soon, finally) are the 280Z ones. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  9. Much deserved congratulations to all of you! Beautiful cars! Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  10. I'm looking for a sending unit. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  11. Very satisfying to see your beautiful car featured like that! Really nice wheels! Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  12. Definitely a man with a good eye and with important academic and entrepreneurial accomplishments. May he rest in peace.
  13. Nice project car. Whatever you decide to do it will be an enjoyable ride. Welcome and enjoy!
  14. ...and to think I sold my black 1980 280ZX for $5,000 (back in 1985, though 😉).
  15. I think in South Florida we go straight into summer with 90 degree temps tomorrow! But, hey, I'm always ready! Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  16. Looks like a lonely "76 280Z. Reptoid to the rescue!
  17. It's flattering to see shops of this tier dedicate their efforts to these cars. If they are selling and the business progresses it only means all S30s will get even more attention and, likely, increased value.
  18. An absolute steal! You're a lucky man. Enjoy.
  19. The front end work is complete: Tokico Illumina struts, Apex Engineered front crossmember, tie rods and steering knuckles, Arizona Z car aluminum oil pan, TTT tension rods, MSA anti away bar, rebuilt steering rack, Z Car Depot splash guard, powder coated stock control arms, strut housings and brake dust shields. Come to think of it, that was a lot of stuff! All the components went together well (with the exception of the stock control arms which had to be "shaved" at the back so as to go properly into the new crossmember) although they're all from different companies and we were able to align the car without any problems.
  20. Yes, you're right. I had just quickly set them up for the pic and didn't notice. Good eye!
  21. Got the new Illumina struts installed in the freshly powder coated housings. Stock control arms have been media blasted and powder coated and just received the outer tie rods from Apex Engineered. Will be installing tomorrow.