IGNORED

Documenting My Original Yazaki Spark Plug Leads

CanTechZ

On 8/4/2021 at 1:06 PM, VaCat33 said:

Hello

Was the Yazaki brand also used for the 1972 model year? Any chance you could make up a set for 1972? I definitely would be interested.

Thanks

Jim

On 8/4/2021 at 1:12 PM, siteunseen said:

Thanks @CanTechZ!!!

Now I'm gonna have to dig through my storage shed and find my OEs. LOL

I have a '72 so I'd like to know.

I just edited my post #8 above with some observations about the TSB with the change to white labels, I'm of the opinion that the 1972 model would have used Yazaki leads based on the TSB date. However that is just my opinion.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

If anyone has a spare original 1970 Yazaki plug lead they wouldn't mind parting with please let me know. I'm looking for the rubber cover/boot on the ends of the lead so I can match them either by sourcing from NOS or having them remade. I've found the boot/cover that goes on the spark plug end, I just need the one for the distributor end. The leads and the screen printing I've also got sorted.

11 hours ago, SpeedRoo said:

If anyone has a spare original 1970 Yazaki plug lead they wouldn't mind parting with please let me know. I'm looking for the rubber cover/boot on the ends of the lead so I can match them either by sourcing from NOS or having them remade. I've found the boot/cover that goes on the spark plug end, I just need the one for the distributor end. The leads and the screen printing I've also got sorted.

That sounds great! What do you think the timing is on manufacturing?

I'll only reproduce the plug wires if they are exactly right, no half measures. Without a sample of an original it's almost impossible to match. Come on someone must have an original plug wire they can loan or sell to me so I can get this to happen.

Major problem with reproducing parts like these, everyone wants them to be EXACTLY like what they perceive to be correct. So, someone ponys-up the multiple thousands, not to mention their many, many hours of time spent, for such a project and therefore has to charge quite a bit for each set even if @ cost. However, the market is so very tiny because their reproduction only applies to a sliver of the potential customer base.