IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

12 hours ago, DC871F said:

Based on what I can see from the photos, it sold at a fair price.  It might have pulled $15K on just the right day, but that rarely arrives on time.  The floors need to be replaced.  Maybe the front frame rails, too.  The interior has been rode hard and hung up wet.  Dash is really bad.  Door cards are incorrect.  Seats look shot. 

The sunroof is unfortunate.  Most Z buyers don't want this and it's hard to restore the roof to as-new condition without grafting in a completely new panel from a donor car. 

We also don't know whether there may be collision damage lurking in the dark areas.

The only offsetting feature that I can see the set of first-gen wheel covers.  And even they need restoring.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, dutchzcarguy said:

So...whats wrong....very wrong about this picture ???   can you "smell" it ??  (Pic nr 1 on the bat listing of this car.)

Funny -  Pic one and Pic six are the same pic just reversed, but not the 240Z script. Smells fishy!!

That car sure is dirty for being in an auction setting. 

The exhaust....that’s what I found. Pic one you cannot see the exhaust pipe but later pics you can and instead of going straight back it takes a 90 deg turn towards drivers side. Looks odd for sure, the pics were taken at different times and why would you bend the pipe like that unless you are trying to stop exhaust from getting in the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk