IGNORED

Z Proto: The next z reveal

AZDatsun

1 minute ago, Jeff G 78 said:

I think it looks pretty damn good overall.  So.... is it just the "Z"?  I'm so glad they didn't go with the 400Z name as that made zero sense.  I would have been happy with 300Z, but I guess just Z works too.  Hopefully the pricing is where it needs to be to succeed in the market.

Based on a hint from Chris Karl, I figured it would be called Z.

Am I the only one who felt they cut the reveal short? They could have shown us more details of the car.

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

Am I the only one who felt they cut the reveal short? They could have shown us more details of the car.

Yeah, I agree. They didn't even pop the hood! Right when they started giving us some specifics, they said goodbye and thanks. I was prepared for it to go a lot longer. Besides, they didn't reveal too much that wasn't know already known, more just confirmed things.

Oh well, seems to be a pretty neat car all the same. Wish the whole instrument cluster was analog, but the voltage, boost and temp. (I think were the three) are better than nothing. Maybe that'll be a dealer option.

I read somewhere (before the reveal), that down the line there ought to be both a Nismo 'Z', and a 'Z' that comes in "heritage" colours, which I imagine will harken back to the 240. The colour options the article says the 'Z' will come in are, in my opinion, a strange choice by Nissan. They just seem too restrictive. Want a red or blue car? Hope you like a black roof. Otherwise, take this deep, muted red colour.  

P.S. It'll be hard for me to call this z the 'Z'. Maybe 'the new Z', but not just z. 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, psdenno said:

If I was 24 again, I'd be standing in line, checkbook in hand.  However, at my current age, I think it would be easier to get out of Afghanistan than it would be to get out of the driver's seat of the new Z.  I'll stick with my '71.  😎

My DD 911 is that way.  I look like an old man every time I get out of it.  I usually have a 20 lb. backpack, keys, sunglasses, mask, etc. so I struggle to stand up.  🙂

In the presentation, Mr Ashwani Gupta (Nissan's 'Chief Operating Officer', no less) repeats the lie that the Z's debut was on 22nd October 1969 at the Pierre Hotel in New York, with the 'Datsun 240Z'. 

The people writing the scripts for these sock puppets appear to have Googled Zhome.com...

• Like 1