IGNORED

Just Another Damned Z Car Project Thread

conedodger

1 hour ago, conedodger said:

Anyone have a problem with my research on LED lights for my 240Z? Anyone think I need load resistors? I don't know how many Instrument Panel Lights I have so I just ordered a dozen. I did this with my 914-6 and no longer had the idle drop when I turned the lights on. 

LED Exterior lights for 240Z

Front Side Marker Lights             1156 Amber X2
Front Turn Signal Lights             1157 Amber X2
Rear Reverse Lights                1156 White X2
Brake Lights                    1157 Red X2
License Plate Lights                67 White X1
Parking Lights                    1157 Amber X2
Rear Side Marker Lights            1156 Red X2
Rear Turn Signals                1156 Amber X2
Taillights                     1157 Red X2

LED Interior Lights for 240Z

Instrument Panel Lights            194 Blue or Red X12
Dome Light                    DE3175 White X1

@SteveJ

1 hour ago, conedodger said:

Anyone have a problem with my research on LED lights for my 240Z? Anyone think I need load resistors? I don't know how many Instrument Panel Lights I have so I just ordered a dozen. I did this with my 914-6 and no longer had the idle drop when I turned the lights on. 

No need for load resistors. The Z doesn't check for burned out lights.

• Like 2

Well, that's exciting news. I just got off the phone with Michael from Power Brake Booster in San Jose, my three boosters are done. One, I had them powdercoat in the original black. The other two they rebuilt. So they are on the way back to me. If anyone needs a rebuilt booster, let me know. You'd be upgrading to a bit more assist with the ZX booster and getting a rebuilt original 73 240Z booster with the other one.

So since I don't have parts to put things back together yet, I decided to work on some little obsessive details. Did I mention I'm obsessive? Not clinically but...

I ordered some reproduction side marker lights from ZCar Depot on their Cyber Monday sale. Frankly, they are cheaply made but I can jazz them up a bit I'm sure.

As they say resistance is futile! And I hate resistance. So, just like I did on the 914-6 build, I coated grounds with liquid electrical tape and epoxied the back side of connectors to keep corrosion from EVER happening. 

I will also depin the connectors and cover the wires with good heat shrink...

IMG_1570.jpg

Edited by conedodger

3 hours ago, conedodger said:

As they say resistance is futile! And I hate resistance. So, just like I did on the 914-6 build, I coated grounds with liquid electrical tape and epoxied the back side of connectors to keep corrosion from EVER happening. 

I will also depin the connectors and cover the wires with good heat shrink...

Building for eternity :beer: