IGNORED

Nissan 400z Rumors

Mike

Only thing I see is cars getting heavier and fatter and more hp to counter that.

Why not go '' back to basics '' 1000kg car, with a modern 2.4 liter N/A and a 6 speed manual ?  It's not all about the horsepower..

It's cool going up in numbers but eventually you end op with a 9 liter displacement Z car ? 

But sadly that's not possible because of modern safety regulations ? , requiring all that safety and electronic crap adding weight to the car.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bartsscooterservice said:

Only thing I see is cars getting heavier and fatter and more hp to counter that.

Why not go '' back to basics '' 1000kg car, with a modern 2.4 liter N/A and a 6 speed manual ?  It's not all about the horsepower..

It's cool going up in numbers but eventually you end op with a 9 liter displacement Z car ? 

But sadly that's not possible because of modern safety regulations ? , requiring all that safety and electronic crap adding weight to the car.

Agreed, that's why we hang onto our quick, nimble, pretty uncomplicated Z's, who needs new?

• Like 1

Only hope is to have the Track model come at 3000 lbs or under, that would be ideal with the 400 hp.  One of the most fun modern cars, which is my daily, is my Mazdaspeed Miata, factory turbo with minor upgrades at 200 hp, but still at 2400 lbs, it's a street legal gokart, simple fun!!

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Dave WM said:

at this point if I was looking for a new car I think I would have to look at a miata, small, rwd, manual, much closer IMHO to what the S30 was, and looks way better than later model 350/370z

I really like the new miata's. I would have liked to have seen more power in them though. If they made 200-225 they could really compete against some upper level cars

• 6 months later...