IGNORED

Nissan 400z Rumors

Mike

Looks like the new Nissan Z car will give the Supra a run for its money.

Source:  https://carbuzz.com/news/nissan-400z-will-be-much-cheaper-than-toyota-gr-supra

Since the Nissan 370Z has been on sale for over ten years now, the wait for a new Nissan Z car to arrive is testing our patience. Nissan still hasn't officially announced plans to revive the Z car for a new generation, but our hype was recently rekindled when a report claimed the 370Z's replacement will be called the 400Z and be revealed within the next year.

Sources claim the 400Z will be powered by an Infiniti-sourced 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V6 sending around 400 horsepower to the rear wheels through either a Nismo-tuned automatic or a six-speed manual.

Sav

709333.jpg

709329 (1).jpg

This would make the Nissan 400Z more powerful than the Toyota GR Supra, which produces 382 hp from a 3.0-liter turbo inline-six in its most powerful guise. It turns out the Nissan 400Z could have another huge advantage over the Supra, too.

Citing inside sources, Allcarnews claims the Nissan 400Z will have a starting price of less than $40,000, making it more affordable than the GR Supra. For reference, the 2021 Toyota GR Supra starts at $40,000 for the 2.0 model and $49,990 for the more powerful 3.0 version. This perhaps isn't surprising since the Nissan 370Z is also a very affordable sports car, starting at $30,090.

709337.jpg

As for the design, the same sources claim the Nissan 400Z will have a retro-inspired design that will look like a modern-day version of the 240Z and Z32-generation 300ZX. As a result, the styling will be a radical departure from Nissan's current V-Motion design language, featuring double halo ring LED lights at the front and a 240Z-style rectangular front grille with a visible intercooler for the twin-turbos.

The rear will also retain the 370Z's fastback design but will apparently be shorter, while the taillights will look sleeker and incorporate LEDs. Inside, the interior will also be extensively upgraded with a new digital dashboard, infotainment system, and some retro touches. Sadly, we don't have a reveal date for the Nissan 400Z yet, but we're hoping the next-generation Z car will break cover sometime this year.

709336.jpg

• Like 1

Would you be happy if the new Nissan Z car looks like this?

It's been over ten years since the Nissan 370Z launched, so a replacement is long overdue. Thankfully, our patience will eventually be rewarded. A recent report claims the new Nissan Z car will be called the 400Z and debut within the next year.

Exactly what the car will look like is anyone's guess, however. The styling could be an evolution of the current 370Z. Alternatively, rumors have suggested the new Nissan Z car will have a retro-inspired design that pays homage to the sports car's heritage. Penned by artist Leyang Bai, this render design shows what the 370Z's belated successor could look like with retro-inspired cues inspired by the original Z car.

700428.jpg

700431.jpg

Dubbed the Nissan Fairlady 480Z, the rendered car's design blends Nissan's current design language with the 240Z's sporty silohette, round headlights, and distinctive tail lights, and the result is a stunning modern interpretation of the original Nissan Z car. From start to finish, the entire design process took 294 hours.

The artist says the final design "serves as a reminder of the original but with modern tastes and finesse." We can only hope the new Nissan Z car looks as good as this after such an arduously long wait.

• Like 1

just redo an S30 with an updated inline 6 and be done with it, and buck the trend, make it standard shift. Another old fart putting in my 2 cents. If it looked like that I would more likely buy a 1gen fastback mustang body and make my own car. At least you have an endless supply of parts that way.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dave WM said:

just redo an S30 with an updated inline 6 and be done with it, and buck the trend, make it standard shift. Another old fart putting in my 2 cents. If it looked like that I would more likely buy a 1gen fastback mustang body and make my own car. At least you have an endless supply of parts that way.

Exactly!!!  After all, it rescued Ford with the Mustang remake, Chrysler with the Challenger remake and Chevrolet with the Camaro. Make it like Ford and Chrysler did.......make it look like the Z that started it all.....seats, dash, shape etc. The public is sick of slugs that get more exotic and heavy every year.  IMHO

Ignore any and all renderings.  They are nothing more than some magazine writer's dream.  As an auto engineer, I can assure you that Nissan will be extremely budget limited.  Toyota has loads more cash than Nissan and they leaned heavily on BMW to engineer most of their flagship sports car.  Now look at 370Z sales numbers - they are abysmal.  I'm shocked that they are even doing another Z car, but somebody high up in the company certainly doesn't want to lose the nameplate again.  They only way they can pull this off is massive reuse of 370Z content.  I expect to see a nearly carryover chassis with a freshened (not all new) body and interior.  The engine is derived from another Nissan, but they still have to spend a lot of money to put the whole thing together.  The 400Z or whatever they call it will be a money loser for them.  As much as I'd like to see them hit a homerun, I expect more of a bloop single.

Familiarity is all in your head, Zed.  The Corvette is a polar opposite and quite more refined than these sketches.

Sure is a pretty silhouette, though.  Captures the concept behind the Z perfectly.  Notice how the design leaps?  Like a cheetah.

400-Z_sketch.jpg

• Sad 1