IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

15 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

People buy ammo because they fear riots like happened in LA (Rodney King) or more recently in Baltimore. You can never underestimate what desperate people will do. Our modern society has a thin layer of civility separating us from chaos. We’ve created a system that is fragile. Global food supply chain, we depend on and so many thing to make sure our stores are stocked and fuel and electricity are available. We are only 9 meals away from total chaos in modern society. I have lots of ammo because shooting is a hobby and I’m a gun enthusiast. I also have them to protect my family. I conceal carry and have a federal firearms license and can carry on all commercial aircraft when traveling. It’s great because I never have to go through security lines.
In times like these it’s important to help others, be a leader in your community and be that voice of reason around the sheep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly right. Society, atleast  society in the US, is not nearly as polite as it was 5 or 10 years ago, and scared and or hungry people are very unpredictable. There are a surprising number of people who realize this and that there is a limited amount of food in the grocery store. I believe that is the main reason for people stocking up. The government isn't going to give any notice if they institute interstate travel bans or shelter in place orders. So many people don't really keep much food at home because a great many of them eat out a lot. If you think you might be stuck at home tomorrow for 2 weeks, you might like to have some food. Easy food too, if you might not be feeling great. It's just logical...

It's actually refreshing to see that there are still some logical people in this country.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, duffymahoney said:

My restaurant will most likely close tomorrow. I’m terrified:)

Birmingham just closed dining rooms. Take outs and drive through only. We're an hour north of there but most likely will happen here Wednesday. The waitresses are all of the sudden sucking up to the girls that cook, wanting to help them. It's funny, they normally won't speak to the cooks that are a little older.

I'll start doing deliveries when they shut our dining room. The drive through is booming. Separate building thank goodness.

I hope you and your employees get through this asap.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2020 at 5:34 PM, Dave WM said:

I would recommend you just put in the trans with the existing diff, try it. if you are unhappy then you can go with a lower diff. I wanted to be able to cruise all day at 80 with a low rpm as long as the engine was not struggling. This was so I could make my long distance (pikes peak) trip. Truth is the engine in stock form is so forgiving it does not really matter. I have to remember to put it in 5th for 80 since the sound is not objectionable either 3K or 4k RPM. May have a lot to do with the exhaust note, The stock setup is very quiet with no resonance to deal with. If you have an aftermarket setup perhaps there are RPMs that could drive you batty with 12-14hr drives.

I’ll pay extra for deliveries in your Z. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, duffymahoney said:

My restaurant will most likely close tomorrow. I’m terrified:)

I just watched a press conference and Trump is trying to do whatever he can to keep small businesses afloat.  With any luck, they can get something through congress quickly and get money in your hands right away.  Good luck.

• Like 1

I would have thought this should have been one of the first to close ...

0f37e48391bef7efefcc3b7545087583.jpg&key=c11c24b2e03885536e695366624c454a470dd59eb6bde255e254fd87b739c348

On the upside, the virus has created a much closer community in our road. We now have a WhatsApp group so that all the neighbours can look after each other, especially as houses turn over every 40-50 years and we have a number or elderly residents in the road. One neighbour has lived in the road for over 80 years!!! Born and bread here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AK260 said:

I would have thought this should have been one of the first to close ...

0f37e48391bef7efefcc3b7545087583.jpg&key=c11c24b2e03885536e695366624c454a470dd59eb6bde255e254fd87b739c348

On the upside, the virus has created a much closer community in our road. We now have a WhatsApp group so that all the neighbours can look after each other, especially as houses turn over every 40-50 years and we have a number or elderly residents in the road. One neighbour has lived in the road for over 80 years!!! Born and bread here.

That is excellent! We can you more of that kind of connectedness!