IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

25 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Here we go.  Trump will be classifying states by risk factor.

He better consider the liability with that BS. I'm in a low risk state so if I have to go back to normal and get the virus we'll be filing lawsuits out the wazoo.

I'm thinking insurance for all will be a huge point in the upcoming election. I'll vote for whoever's going to get that done. Red blue purple, I don't care.

• Like 1

G7. Foreign ministers representing seven industrialized nations failed to agree on a joint statement on Wed. after the Trump administration insisted on referring to the Covid -19 outbreaks as the "Wuhan virus", three officials from the Group of Seven countries told The Washington Post.The term, the officials said, is viewed as needlessly divisive at a time when international cooperation is required to slow the global pandemic.

41 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

@motorman7 I've realized, as I pointed out above, that your real beef is with Johns Hopkins.  They're well known as experts too, so us laypeople just have to choose among the experts.  If you can find a better graphical representation of what's happening that would be great.  Just like weather forecasts, they might not be perfect but they're a start.  Something to think about.

It would be nice if they would at least take a 'guesstimate' of Total Covid-19 Cases.  I would think they could at least have a chart with upper and lower limit estimates.  This chart is a bit misleading.  It is real exact data, just not the true complete picture.

2 hours ago, Zed Head said:

@Mike  Or anyone that is IT savvy.  Can you do anything with the free data?  Might be a side-project for you.  Maybe even a different web site.  The Financial Times took the data and extracted country by country data. But they have a paywall so it's not available for viewing.

Of course, here in North America, it would be nice to drill down to counties, provinces and states.

Just a thought.  Here's a link - https://systems.jhu.edu/research/public-health/ncov/

https://github.com/CSSEGISandData/COVID-19

He needs a "side project" like I need another screwdriver. LOL

I’ve decided to back out of this thread. I can’t stand the politicization of everything in my Iife...it was one of the reasons I loved this forum.. Society has managed to shove a hot political fork in every walk of my life and I quite frankly find it depressing. Political bickering just makes me unhappy. It’s divided the country in a bad way, divided friendships, communities and neighbors. People do unspeakable acts to others because someone wears a MAGA hat or someone else has a rainbow sticker on their car. It’s not want civilized, loving, and good people do. I don’t like to play in those waters. I don’t care who you love, what you believe, who your God is or who you choose to support politically. I chose to judge people by their individual character, morals and how they live their lives and this is what I teach my kids. We have one part of the political spectrum that demands “Tolerance” from others but they have no tolerance for people who don’t think like them. Any speech is okay as long as it agrees with “their” world view. We fail to recognize that most people are more alike than different. We are too busy focusing on how we differ. When we don’t agree we choose the label people to socially isolate them from society and discredit them many times unjustly with terms like Racist, homophobe or any laundry list of names.
Once I realized that I have little influence on what happens in Washington and that I should spend my life force focusing on my family, friends, faith and the things that make me happy, my life is more fulfilling. I can’t watch the bobble heads on any news organization, they all have agendas and I don’t want to be told what to think. I can make my own opinions with out Don Lemon or Sean Hannity telling me what to think. Enjoy the political football.
If you can’t laugh at this video then maybe you are taking things too serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Just to keep you abreast of this side of the pond: two of my dental surgeon friends have been drafted for duty on the front line. I did ask what will they do with COVID patients’ teeth and they said they are going through a fast track cross training and their anaesthesia skills are required.

Teeth are not being worked on and in the case of emergency tooth issue it is unclear what you can do and when you can be seen. But it will probably be at 2:30 - sorry, couldn’t resist a quick dad joke there!

But it is a little worrying how seriously this thing is spreading. A part of an exhibition centre where they typically have Yachts on display (The Excel Centre) is being turned into an emergency hospital to cope with the expected volumes!! 100 beds by Sunday, ramping up 4000.

707a4cf9d8d391301e04e225b3b2c715.jpg

Stay safe people and respect any guidelines on social distancing and isolation. [emoji15]

• Like 1

Another press briefing is coming up very soon.  Lots of disagreement from the Governors.  Will be informative to see how he handles it.

I assume that $2T bill will be signed.  Much to talk about there.  Hope he gets to it.

No change.  He's the same guy.  Petty.  His first few comments included something about a Governor raising his voice in a meeting today.  Apparently it was Jay Inslee, who he called a "snake" a few days ago.  He just can't get past "me".

Trump has to get his campaign speech in before he lets the experts speak.  Sad.  Sleepy Joe, etc.

Edited by Zed Head

Sorry to see you go AV8.  Nobody has to expose their beliefs on the internet though.  That is personal choice.  It might not be clear, but I, persoanlly, haven't picked a political side.  I spend my time pointing out the failings of the person in the top office.  Not because of his party, of which he actually does not belong. but because of who he is and how he is failing.  That's not political.

That, from what I have seen and experienced, is the main problem with politics in any discussion.  People think that they have to defend everything that their "side" supposedly stands for.  They don't.  A person can choose parts of a platform, or all of it, or create their own concerns and see how a party addresses those.

A word that is often used today is "tribalism".  Individuals choose their group over their own thoughts.  They look to the leader of the tribe for guidance.  That's not how politics is supposed to work, in a democracy.  Each individual is supposed to develop their own thoughts and vote accordingly.  The "party" is just a concept that  doesn't really work well.  People have had concerns about the two party system for many years, because it is inherently divisive.

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Av8ferg said:

I’ve decided to back out of this thread. I can’t stand the politicization of everything in my Iife...it was one of the reasons I loved this forum.. Society has managed to shove a hot political fork in every walk of my life and I quite frankly find it depressing. Political bickering just makes me unhappy. It’s divided the country in a bad way, divided friendships, communities and neighbors. People do unspeakable acts to others because someone wears a MAGA hat or someone else has a rainbow sticker on their car. It’s not want civilized, loving, and good people do. I don’t like to play in those waters. I don’t care who you love, what you believe, who your God is or who you choose to support politically. I chose to judge people by their individual character, morals and how they live their lives and this is what I teach my kids. We have one part of the political spectrum that demands “Tolerance” from others but they have no tolerance for people who don’t think like them. Any speech is okay as long as it agrees with “their” world view. We fail to recognize that most people are more alike than different. We are too busy focusing on how we differ. When we don’t agree we choose the label people to socially isolate them from society and discredit them many times unjustly with terms like Racist, homophobe or any laundry list of names.
Once I realized that I have little influence on what happens in Washington and that I should spend my life force focusing on my family, friends, faith and the things that make me happy, my life is more fulfilling. I can’t watch the bobble heads on any news organization, they all have agendas and I don’t want to be told what to think. I can make my own opinions with out Don Lemon or Sean Hannity telling me what to think. Enjoy the political football.
If you can’t laugh at this video then maybe you are taking things too serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect!  Couldn’t have said it any better!

For the past 18 years this site has provided me a sanctuary into which I could retreat

when ghosts from Viet Nam, or loss of wife, or loss of parents intrude into my life’s

thoughts.  These experiences are certainly not unique to me, but I always knew I could 

come here, or to my ongoing Z restoration project, to chase those ghosts temporarily away.

I will forever be appreciative of the depth of knowledge of a select few here who have

contributed to my restoration project.

If I want anxiety or  contoversity, I will just turn on CNN or FOX.

• Like 1

Here's a suggestion - anyone who posts in this thread, please make sure that nothing inflammatory shows up on the main page, in the first few sentences.  Many of us feel compelled to open a thread based on what we see on the main page.  So, add a bunch of empty lines to drop your comments below grade.

I'm serious.  I don't want to cause anyone distress, but this is the best place for me, personally,. to talk about these things.  Maybe Mike could add a second sign-up procedure?  I don't know.  But, in the interest of freedom of thought and expression, I don't think that the thread should be shut down because just 2 or 3 people are bothered.  That's a bit ironic, I think, but that seems to be what's happening here.  Out of sight, out of mind.

Good luck.  Let people talk.  If you can't convince people to change their minds then move on to other discussions.

Edited by Zed Head

25 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Here's a suggestion - anyone who posts in this thread, please make sure that nothing inflammatory shows up on the main page, in the first few sentences.  Many of us feel compelled to open a thread based on what we see on the main page.  So, add a bunch of empty lines to drop your comments below grade.

I'm serious.  I don't want to cause anyone distress, but this is the best place for me, personally,. to talk about these things.  Maybe Mike could add a second sign-up procedure?  I don't know.  But, in the interest of freedom of thought and expression, I don't think that the thread should be shut down because just 2 or 3 people are bothered.  That's a bit ironic, I think, but that seems to be what's happening here.  Out of sight, out of mind.

Good luck.  Let people talk.  If you can't convince people to change their minds then move on to other discussions.

I don't know, or actually even care, who you believe to be trying to shut down your thread, for the record this is not my intent. I just want to remind all to be respectful and respect the code of conduct that we all have agreed to when we signed up for this forum.

Stay safe

Mike

https://www.classiczcars.com/guidelines/