zed2

[2020] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

    Recommended Posts

    2 hours ago, AK260 said:

     


    That’s beautifully flat for rattle can work - nicely done sir.

    You are lucky! I virtually never take my Z out in the wet - although in Britain we get caught out quite a lot. One moment sunny, next minute you are worrying about the car dissolving 😉

    What wheels are you aiming for? I do like the ones you have been painting.

     

    Yes you have a lot more rainy days per year in Britain then here in Sweden, not so fun when the weather change so quickly.

    Im changing my mind regarding the wheels but my mind is now set on a set of equip 03s in 15X8. 629FEC65-F6DB-4A33-9974-EAE1FC3474FE.pngD091685D-57A1-4D53-A27C-8D2BD082F3B8.png

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Yes you have a lot more rainy days per year in Britain then here in Sweden, not so fun when the weather change so quickly.
    Im changing my mind regarding the wheels but my mind is now set on a set of equip 03s in 15X8. 629FEC65-F6DB-4A33-9974-EAE1FC3474FE.thumb.png.b458cce6f8515f4b6ec2def33e405b07.pngD091685D-57A1-4D53-A27C-8D2BD082F3B8.thumb.png.c914513eb79688e00781687da700db77.png



    They will look fab on your car!! Will 8” fit without rubbing or arch work?

    I had no idea you were in Sweden! I worked for a long time in Kista (Ericsson). Absolutely love the Swedes, one of the planets loveliest cultures I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing. It summers were crazy bright - I always thought that as an adult I can just use a clock for going to bed when it’s still light outside at 22:00, but no! Just partied like the rest ;)

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    8” ET 0 will fit nicely with a 225x50 tire but that’s about as wide as it gets without massaging the fenders.

    Small world as usually ; )

    Im in a small town called Ödeshög (next to lake Vättern) about 250KM south of Kista.

    Summertime here are often great and as you say days are bright but winters are the opposite, not much daylight for many month. Dark when you wake up and dark when you get home from work.

     

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Branson event in the covid era.

    Every year at this time, Branson hosts Zfest, a fun fun event with great driving roads, lots of food & beverages.

    This time around, it was of course cancelled, however a rebel group was rumored to hold a informal Z get together.  MikeW decided to make the trek from Austin to cure a case of cabin fever, and with that, it put me over the edge to go for a few days.  I figured if he was coming all the way from Texas the least I could do was drive the 120 miles and join him.

    We had a great time, about 20 people and 15 Z cars were there.  The area's venues are closed, our hotel was lightly occupied, and we bought our own food, barbecued our ribs, burgers, chicken and brats.  We went to no restaurants, and only visited a supermarket for additional supplies once.

    Among those in attendance were Chris and Robbie from the ZCCA.   The 350, 370z was the strongest in numbers.   MikeW brought his current 260z project and we had the only S30's present.   Can't wait to see how he transforms that car in the near future.   Thanks Mike for a great time and keeping me fed!

    Bran20 1.jpg

    Bran20 2.jpg

    Bran20 3.jpgBran20 4.jpg

    Mikes latest 260 project, what carbs are those?    @Captain Obvious would know they are webers, @Zup would hope for flat tops ....

    • Like 2

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Looks like fun! Alas I am without a running Z currently

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 minutes ago, Patcon said:

    Looks like fun! Alas I am without a running Z currently

    Maybe Cody would loan you the Goon...

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Jim, sounds like it was worth the drive, way to keep the Z spirit alive in the middle of a global pandemic and national rioting,   

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, S30Driver said:

    Branson event in the covid era.

    Every year at this time, Branson hosts Zfest, a fun fun event with great driving roads, lots of food & beverages.

    This time around, it was of course cancelled, however a rebel group was rumored to hold a informal Z get together.  MikeW decided to make the trek from Austin to cure a case of cabin fever, and with that, it put me over the edge to go for a few days.  I figured if he was coming all the way from Texas the least I could do was drive the 120 miles and join him.

    We had a great time, about 20 people and 15 Z cars were there.  The area's venues are closed, our hotel was lightly occupied, and we bought our own food, barbecued our ribs, burgers, chicken and brats.  We went to no restaurants, and only visited a supermarket for additional supplies once.

    Among those in attendance were Chris and Robbie from the ZCCA.   The 350, 370z was the strongest in numbers.   MikeW brought his current 260z project and we had the only S30's present.   Can't wait to see how he transforms that car in the near future.   Thanks Mike for a great time and keeping me fed!

     

     

    Bran20 3.jpgBran20 4.jpg

    Mikes latest 260 project, what carbs are those?    @Captain Obvious would know they are webers, @Zup would hope for flat tops ....

    Tell him to get rid of the downdrafts. Get a set of SUs and do a Patton Machine fuel injection. The 260Z is pretty much ideal for that conversion.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I plan to get rid of the downdrafts and in fact already have a new stroker motor in development. Will probably be going ITB’s on this build. 

    • Like 2

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    i reapplied some seam sealer on the slam panel area in the boot yesterday, and then got down to some primer earlier this morning.

    While i was waiting for it to dry i got this Honda CB 500 finally started after i lost a bit of interest when i got into the Zs.

    I had the coils wired backwards 😇. Cant wait to move it out of the garage and get working on the other Z. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    8 minutes ago, heyitsrama said:

    i reapplied some seam sealer on the slam panel area in the boot yesterday, and then got down to some primer earlier this morning.

    While i was waiting for it to dry i got this Honda CB 500 finally started after i lost a bit of interest when i got into the Zs.

    I had the coils wired backwards 😇. Cant wait to move it out of the garage and get working on the other Z. 

    As they say, no pics, no Honda CB 500... 😁

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    After repairing my original dash a few times and having crack again after each time I finally succumbed and installed a full dash cover. I took the the car out in 91degree heat today and no issues with the new cover and I'm pleased with the result. 🙂

    IMG_0610.jpg

    IMG_0609.jpg

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    25 minutes ago, gwri8 said:

    After repairing my original dash a few times and having crack again after each time I finally succumbed and installed a full dash cover.

    Greg,  that is a full cover and not a Vintage Dash I am assuming...    Looks nice, and passed dreaded heat test.

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I changed the oil in the 260Z today. That was just the warmup for the real work.

    I bought some of Derek's 280Z speaker enclosures a couple of months ago. (https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/53157-280z-kick-panel-speaker-pods-in-development/) I got them for my 260Z knowing that there would be some modifications. I had to cut away some material at the top front of the driver side enclosure to clear the hood release cable, and I had to cut away some material at the top of the back of the passenger side enclosure to clear the fuse box. Otherwise, I didn't have to modify them much. I did use some wide strips of velcro to help secure the enclosures to the kick panels. Now I just have to finish wiring the speakers to the stereo.

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Wrapped up the Honda Wiper Motor Upgrade today. I picked up a new aftermarket Civic motor off ebay and ordered Dave Irwin's magic wiring harness. It all came together nicely and works perfectly!

    Wiper 03.jpg

    Wiper 04.jpg

    Wiper 05.jpg

    Wiper 06.jpg

    Wiper 07.jpg

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, jfa.series1 said:

    Wrapped up the Honda Wiper Motor Upgrade today. I picked up a new aftermarket Civic motor off ebay and ordered Dave Irwin's magic wiring harness. It all came together nicely and works perfectly!

    Wiper 03.jpg

    Wiper 04.jpg

    Wiper 05.jpg

    Wiper 06.jpg

    Wiper 07.jpg

    Jim,

    This give you 2 speeds like original correct?

    C

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    2 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

    Exactly, and the park function is spot-on.

    I would really like to have the delay wiper they had on the 73's if I do the upgrade...

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now