IGNORED

Cars for Sale: 1972 Datsun 240Z For Sale

avlevin

8 hours ago, M3333hp said:

For what its worth to the sceptics, early today I emailed the seller and received a thoughtful reply saying that he listed the car at $3900 and isn't going to raise the price because he needs it sold.  

For the sceptics, I would guess there might just be someone in the greater Boston area, population 10 million or so, who reads this site who could go to Belmont, MA and see if the car exists and talk to the seller. You might just get a good car cheap....

As for myself, I think the car exists and I would buy it if I were anywhere near the Greater Boston area. Your view might differ …  

I also emailed the owner within minutes of the posting and asked a number of questions.  I have not received a response yet.

I am looking for a good project for when I retire next year.  This would fit the bill nicely.  Is there anybody near there that could go look at it?

Marty 

• 1 year later...

It seems outrageously low for such a car, and I've seen similar posts on craigslist even at this point. It appears that the scammers are never tired of robbing people. I was reading the other day a report that comprehended in full the situation right now in the Automotive industry and pinpointed the issue with scammers getting out of hand. Some fascinating facts about how fast we have evolved our means of transportation throughout the years that definitely worth a read. I also love the futuristic approach for some of the companies described in detail.

Edited by MsIbuki

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

2nd oldest profession.

What was the first then?  What you say?  NOOOOHH!!!  The first was electrician!  Yes really!   At the first day god made the light in the darkness, and WE (electricians) had already installed the cables for it!!  😂

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

What was the first then?  What you say?  NOOOOHH!!!  The first was electrician!  Yes really!   At the first day god made the light in the darkness, and WE (electricians) had already installed the cables for it!!  😂

Blue/orange/green/brown/slate

White/red/black/yellow/violet

Y2K upgrades for 2 years. I'll never forget the color code. :beer:

On 9/27/2019 at 4:58 AM, CanTechZ said:

Here is the same car on CarDomain, posted in 2013.  The poster mentions showing the car in 2007 and it having 69K miles plus a few other details. The link has a few more pictures from 2007.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2980390/1972-datsun-240z/

I love the ad copy:

[quote] . . . . . . . . that was lovingly restored by myself and a good friend. She was originally a hideous greenish yellow color, but was stripped down and redone . . . . . . . . [/quote]

Must not have had a shower for a while, eh?

Edited by Racer X
What the? Is BB code no longer allowed?
  • Haha 2

Here is the same car on CarDomain, posted in 2013.  The poster mentions showing the car in 2007 and it having 69K miles plus a few other details. The link has a few more pictures from 2007.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2980390/1972-datsun-240z/

Sadly it tells me because I’m based in Europe, I’m not allowed to see it due to GDPR! :( Any chance of a copy paste of that listing onto this thread?

I agree with Mr[mention=22019]Patcon[/mention], I too thought: 1. It’s ridiculously cheap and can’t be real, 2. Why does a wife want the garage back! It may sound sexist but it was the voice of experience speaking in my head, knowing how few wives I know want to go into the garage!!!