IGNORED

Cars for Sale: 1972 Datsun 240Z For Sale

avlevin

1972 Datsun 240Z For Sale

I am selling my 1972 Datsun 240Z as I have not had the chance to use it in the past several years and my wife is demanding the garage back. I bought the car in 2009 with 67k original miles and it currently has just over 70k original miles on it. I paid $5,900 for the car and am looking to sell it for $3,900, primarily because there will be some work needed to get it back on the road (possibly battery, tires) and I would like to be able to ship it to you before winter. The attached photos show the car in 2007 and today. (The Indianapolis Colts decals have been removed)... The car is in good condition and drives well. Both the previous (original) owner and i did not drive the car in the rain, nor did we put the car on the road between November and April...

In addition, you will get a car cover, the original steering wheel (which was replaced), and the original Owner's Manual...

I have not done this before so if you are interested and there are specific questions you want answered, please email me at avlevin@gmail.com and I will provide you a response.

Andy Levin (Belmont, MA)

• Advertiser
    avlevin
  • Date
    09/26/2019
  • Price
    $3,900.00
  • Category
  • Year
  • Model
    240Z
  • Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
    HLS3082152

WAY too cheap. 240Z values have risen significantly, and if your car is solid, with little or no rust, it is worth much more than you are asking.

You could do yourself a favor by doing the following:

1) change the asking price to 'best offer', and also change your CL ad the same way

2) have a look at auction results on BaT (bringatrailer.com), where a variety of 240Z cars have been auctioned off in the last couple of years. Pay close attention to the cars that have sold in the last year. That will give you an idea of current values.   

3) add many more photos, including engine bay, underside, floors, rocker panels, hatch area floor, document the low miles with photos of service records of you have them etc.

Best wishes for your sale.

• Like 1

Here's a link to the BaT data-base of sales over the past year.  Notice that the average selling price is in the $15,000 to $20,000 range.  Also notice how many people listed their car and passed on pretty good offers thinking that their car was worth so much more. https://bringatrailer.com/datsun/240z/

Agreed, build yourself an advertisement similar to what you see on BaT.  You'll probably get your time's worth! 

https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/d/belmont-datsun-240z-for-sale-good/6986942246.html

The main Pic is from '07. Has the air of a scam to me too. It has been posted for 11 hours, It should be sold 10 times by now at that price.

@240Ziggy Lol, good one.

Edited by Terrapin Z
Added context.

For what its worth to the sceptics, early today I emailed the seller and received a thoughtful reply saying that he listed the car at $3900 and isn't going to raise the price because he needs it sold.  

For the sceptics, I would guess there might just be someone in the greater Boston area, population 10 million or so, who reads this site who could go to Belmont, MA and see if the car exists and talk to the seller. You might just get a good car cheap....

As for myself, I think the car exists and I would buy it if I were anywhere near the Greater Boston area. Your view might differ …  

Edited by M3333hp